Business and Resource Development Senior Officer
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
As part of the regional Partnership and Resource Development team, and reporting to the Head of PRD, the Business and Resource Development Senior Officer is responsible for assisting in the expansion of resource base including private donors (corporates, foundations, trusts, etc), and overall support in streamlining inputs, data and information towards proposals, reports and key materials.
The Business and Resource Development Snr Officer will be required to:
- Map out the potential funding streams that are left untapped for IFRC in MENA and regularly monitor funding opportunities using global and regional search engines for this specific purpose (DEVEX, DARPE, etc)
- Assess regional and country level donor environment, develop and put in place donor mapping based on thematic areas of focus of the IFRC Country Operational Plans
- Identify key funding priorities and funding sources and support developing high quality proposals in consultation with the technical leads and Heads of Delegations and coordinate with relevant RCRC actors to access the funding
- Coordinate engagement with key donors – bringing together core technical staff, IFRC leadership and IFRC membership with funding agencies.
- Develop tools and put in place a mechanism for generating funding, tracking funding needs and proposal development which can be sustained after the support period.
- Actively promote and fundraise for the MENA Regional Initiatives (as sub-sets of the IFRC Global Flagship Initiatives).
Partnership development and engagement
- Set priorities and highlight key deliverables of the current COVID-19 operations and country operational plan for each of the results areas
- Develop a longer-term funding needs assessment for COVID-19 response, recovery and preparedness of the appeal
- In coordination with Communication, Finance and PMER, develop a broad coordination and communications mechanism to fundraise utilizing IFRC’s online donations mechanism (iRaiser)
- Contribute to the strengthened accountability of the country operational plans and COVID-19 emergency appeals by enhancing the grant management tracker and updates on the funding tables;
- Attend to and organize partners’/donor calls and meetings as required for continued donor engagement.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Be on stand-by in case of any emergencies
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline - required
- Relevant post-graduate degree or MBA - preferred
- Relevant professional training courses - preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience - required
- Solid track record in partnerships and fundraising - required
- Relevant work experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, or another organisation working internationally, including in resource mobilisation, partnerships, planning and/or reporting - required
- Experience in project management including multi-stakeholder engagement - preferred
- Working with international funding agencies (e.g. EU, governments) - preferred
- Familiarity with government and multilateral funding systems - required
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural context - required
- Strong knowledge of information sharing tools, and the ability to implement them - required
- Highly organised, with ability to create a team approach - required
- Excellent communication skills; influencing skills - required
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to build and strengthen internal and external networks, and establish effective partnerships, with National Societies - required
- Demonstrated skill in analytical and strategic thinking - required
- Facilitation and presentation skills - required
- Fluently spoken and written English - required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French or Arabic) - preferred
- Good command in local language - preferred