- It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled on a full-time basis for an initial period of Six (6) months with the possibility of renewal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) sets international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) for aviation safety, air navigation, security and environmental protection. To that effect, ICAO is a knowledge-based organization engaged in the development of intellectual property.
- The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, as well as by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
- The Information and Administrative Services (IAS) Division falls under the auspices of the Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) and is headed by the Deputy Director, IAS (DD/IAS) who has responsibility for planning, developing and implementing an information management strategy, setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Organization.
- The Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) section, under the management of the Chief, ICT Section (C/ICT), reports directly to the DD/IAS and is a service provider, which plans, acquires or develops and manages the organization’s enterprise applications and systems. Key activities of the Section include the establishment of core infrastructure and network services; software development and support for enterprise applications; Enterprise Architecture and Project Management; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system support, Web management as well as Regional Offices IT support.
The Enterprise Architecture and Project Management Unit (EAPM), under the supervision of Head, EAPM (H/EAPM) oversees the following:
- Development and Management of Enterprise Architecture framework including stakeholder interactions and collaboration modalities.
- Provision and coordination of Solution and Solution Architecture scenarios as well as Business Analysts (BA) resource pools for business process and work programme automation.
- Oversight of Project and Programme Management (PPM) framework, artefacts and system tools as well as support for Project Management (PM) activities across the organization.
- Provision and coordination of Business Intelligence solutions, framework, tools and templates for implementing and supporting improving reporting via dashboard systems integrating data originating from databases and across the Organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise, achieving results such as:
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide support to the ongoing governance.
- Describe the business capabilities hierarchy of the enterprise, distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions, and map them to applications, digital solutions and services, keeping an up-to-date view of gaps, opportunities and risks.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- Function 2 Management of Business Analyst Team (incl. Expected results)
Manages EAPM business analysts resource pool, achieving results such as:
- Advise and provide guidance in the coordination and monitoring of ICT business analysis activities and resources, in order to ensure the alignment of proposed business cases with the business architecture, EA principles, and ICT and business strategies of the organization.
- Provide guidance to staff, consultants and interns.
- Review tasks expected deliverables and results.
- Coordinate the work of project and support teams.
- Foster teamwork among staff in the resource pool and within ETS as a whole.
- Function 3 Business Capability Mapping (incl. Expected results)
Builds and maintains an overall business capabilities map, achieving results such as:
- Interpret and contextualize strategy for transformational needs, develops specific artifacts such as business capability maps and value streams to help bridge the gap between business strategy and operational plans, and the IT enablement process.
- Maintain a map between business capabilities and ICT applications and services portfolios
- Produce reports for business representatives and ICT management to drive decisions and determine priorities, gaps and opportunities with respect to proposed or prospective ICT initiatives and changes.
- Function 4 Solution Development (incl. Expected results)
Supervises and coordinates business analysis and solution development activities related to enterprise digital solutions (e.g. ERP), achieving results such as:
- Propose, analyse, review, and prioritize enterprise ICT solutions.
- Identify and analyse staff and client needs, to meet business requirements and prioritize changes, while ensuring alignment with business capabilities and ICT strategies.
- Compare existing/upcoming systems/policies with functions proposed in enterprise systems and provide recommendations for their adaptation, ensuring that system features and processes are in alignment with rules and regulations governing the business processes and identified business capabilities.
- Make recommendations on functional solutions to be implemented and provide technical guidance on final solutions.
- Function 5 (incl. Expected results)
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- A first-level University degree in information technology or a related field.
- TOGAF certification.
- ITIL Certification
- Business Analysis certification
- PRINCE2 certification
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in business analysis, transformation, and architecture, particularly in areas related with enterprise digital solutions (ERP, CRM, ECM, digital workplaces, etc.) for international organizations.
- IT Service Management
- Experience with leveraging strategic, enterprise, and business architecture to enable and accelerate digital transformation, creating effective architecture programs, and extending the concept of Technical Debt to an enterprise framework for understanding, managing, and avoiding unfunded technical liabilities.
- Experience with practical and effective architecture programs and the development of appropriate architectural work products.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance.
- Experience with EA tools such as LeanIX
- Knowledge of diagramming tools such as Archimate and Draw.io
• Fluent reading, writing, and speaking abilities in English.