Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done. We develop solutions tailored to a client’s context and political realities and do not replicate global models and all-purpose solutions and believe in pragmatism over ideology. We know that to drive change, we must focus on how the world could be, rather than making excuses for the status quo.
The Business Development Coordinator manages the administrative functions for the Design Lab, ThinkWell’s internal hub for program design and business development, including proposal due diligence coordination, partner agreement processing and communication, and internal administrative functions. The Coordinator reports to the Design Lab Manager. The Coordinator engages within and across teams globally as needed, engages with external stakeholders and partners, and may coordinate or communicate with funding organizations.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere within the United States.
What you’ll do:
New Business Due Diligence
- Manage certifications for new solicitations which are tailored to the specific needs of bilateral donors and other funding agencies;
- Coordinate and support development of past performance references for new solicitations;
- Coordinate processes and documentation with primes for new solicitations including pre-teaming and teaming agreements;
- Support contracts team with checklist review of partner agreements;
- Conduct pre-award surveys for ThinkWell selected sub-partnerships for proposals;
- Liaise with contracts and finance teams to coordinate due diligence processes for selected solicitations;
- Perform background research and due diligence for new funding organizations and partners;
Internal Design Lab Administration Support
- Support country office teams for administration of new business processes;
- Conduct business opportunity forecasting using selected third party platforms for new opportunity identification;
- Manage formatting and editing of CVs, biographical statements, and biodatas for internal and external candidates for proposal submissions;
- Support Design Lab internal administration, including meeting agenda development, recording and sharing of meeting minutes, Design Lab newsletter development;
- Coordinate with other departments to manage information sharing functions;
- BA/BS and 5+ years experience or graduate degree and 3+ years experience;
- Substantial work experience in international development proposal development and program administration, specifically USAID, CDC, World Bank, European Union, private foundations, and UN Agencies;
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented and motivated;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple processes and deliverables with tight timelines;
- Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.