Business Solutions Assistant
World Bank, Chennai, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, the WBG works with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
GLOBAL CORPORATE SOLUTIONS
- Reporting to the Managing Director and World Bank Group CAO, the Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) brings together the functions of Corporate Security, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Services.
ABOUT THE UNIT
- The Corporate Services (GCSCS) unit within GCS provides services to the World Bank Group in the areas of Travel and Visa services; Translation and Interpretation; Creative Services (which includes Printing Services; Graphic Design, and Editorial Production & Publications); Food and Conference Services, Global Meeting Management, and Audio Visual Services; Mail & Shipping; Staff Services (which includes: Fitness Center, Child Care, and Commuter Services);and the Art Program. The unit also provides administrative support/oversight to the World Bank Family Network, the World Bank Group Staff Association, and the 1818 Society, and is responsible for setting the policy framework and service standards, and for delivering services through a combination of staff and vendors at HQ and in Country Offices.GCSCS has about 130 staff and about 1000 contractors.
- Having gone through an internal reorganization, GCS is now implementing a large-scale change program, focused on taking service delivery to the next level, becoming more agile and responsive, and providing value for money, including continual benchmarking of services against external comparators and simplifying and integrating products and services to better serve staff and clients.
- To achieve its purpose, GCSCS has restructured the overall work program into two main divisions with an objective of providing seamless services to staff and clients: (I) Travel and Client/Staff Services, and (II) Integrated Business Services. GCSCS also has the GCS Service Desk and Business Unit support team in Chennai.
- GCS’s Service Desk is the first point of contact for World Bank Group staff when they need help requesting, tracking, or understanding GCS’s service offerings.In an average year, the Desk fields over 80,000 calls and e-mails from staff worldwide about a variety of topics—everything from business cards and parking to translation and travel policy.The Desk also handles many back-office tasks, such as processing Metrochek incentives and invoices, tracking courier shipments, and coordinating interoffice moves.
- The Service Desk is open 20 hours a day, Monday through Friday, and is staffed by a 12-member team located at the World Bank’s office in Chennai, India.To better assist clients based at World Bank Group headquarters in Washington, DC, most of the team is assigned to the core shift, which runs from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., EST.
- GCS is now recruiting two Business Solutions Assistants for the Service Desk in Chennai.Since the Business Solutions Assistants will interact closely with colleagues in Washington, DC, the shift will overlap with HQ business hours.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to e-mails in a timely, courteous manner.
- Troubleshoot issues and attempt resolution using all available resources.
- Escalate unresolved cases and coordinate with Tier 2 colleagues as needed.
- Follow up with clients regularly on open cases.
- Ensure that all client requests are clearly and accurately documented with case-management software.
- Learn and adhere to established operating procedures.
- Perform ad hoc administrative duties.
- Undertake regular training to increase knowledge of GCS's services, policies, and IT systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 or more years of experience helping international clients in a customer-support environment.
- Strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail, and proven ability to work well under pressure.
- Professional and friendly attitude and ability to establish a rapport with clients over the phone.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working effectively in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak articulately, write clearly and concisely, and determine whether the message was properly understood.
- Strong grasp of business English, including correct and appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of work, remain productive during slow times, multitask effectively during busy periods, and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Strong IT literacy, including working knowledge of call-tracking systems and standard computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The candidate must be willing to work in the night shift, as required.
WBG Values Competencies:
- Commitment to innovation: learning and adapting to find better ways of doing things.
- Highest personal integrity and sound judgment with demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner.
- Respect and compassion for individuals and the WBG, its mission, objectives and values.
- Commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, and sensitivity to the WBG’s distinctive demographic and cross-cultural context and influences.
- Ability to inspire trust, to build effective work relations with internal clients and colleagues, and to listen patiently and empathetically without forming hasty judgments.
- Initiative - Volunteers to undertake tasks that stretch his or her capability.
- Flexibility - Demonstrates the ability to adapt plans, tasks and resources to meet objectives and/or work with others.
- Analytical Research and Writing - Able to undertake analytical research on topics requested by others.Shares findings with colleagues and other relevant parties.
- Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieveagreed- upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork, Collaboration and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and colleagues across units and contributes productively to the work and outputs of the team, as well as partners’ or stakeholders’, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Growth-mindset and Agile – Proactively action-oriented and outcome-focused. Proposes and implements strategic and practical adjustments to ensure optimal client service and maximum impact.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks the knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear, accurate and organized manner with exceptional attention to detail.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.