The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year.
The organization has a global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world's most remote and fragile areas
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for the management office. The incumbent of this position will coordinate and control a full range of business support services, to ensure that services are delivered effectively
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: Three to Five years of experience in admin support with strong experience in administrative support to senior management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated customer and personal service skills.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in working with MS applications, including Word, Excel,and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with software applications (SAP).
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in French (level C), English (intermediate level) and Arabic is required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage calendars and provide day-to-day administrative support to the Country Director.
- Attend, record and archive internal and senior staff meetings minutes.
- Facilitate and monitor missions, worshops and travel plans for the office.
- Support the preparation and organization of trainings, workshops, webinars, and other meetings.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the management unit.
- Contribute to the improvement of Admin support procedures and processes
- Draft routine correspondences as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.