The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be a Jordanian national or have a valid Jordan residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- English language only
- Indicating all your job TOR
- Indicating clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in English (level C written and spoken);
- Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken), and
- Either Jordanian national or valid Jordan residence/work permit at the time of application
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management.
- Provide guidance to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
- Others as required.