WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, Commerce, Management or any related field.
- Experience: At least Four years of experience in the field of Travel management. Experience in general admin. area would be an added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both English & Arabic languages
- Assist in providing staff with information regarding requirements for travel both within the country and abroad.
- Create Travel Documents for release from Approving Officers.
- Review Daily allowance computations ensuring it matches data contained in the approved Travel Authorizations.
- Review Travel expense claim details ensuring they are in line with travel itineraries and approved Travel Authorizations and enter it on the system.
- Review accuracy of all invoices submitted to WFP by the Travel Agents and contracted hotels.
- Liaise with Travel Agent ensuring WFP gets the best service and price for all travel.
- Produce monthly statistics for the Travel unit including the monthly statistics of all tickets purchased by the Country Office.
- Process travel advances and other payment.
- Prepare the fortnightly ticket invoice report for submission to Finance.
- Maintain the Trip Documents tracking system facilitating easy retrieval of required data or information
- Book hotels through contracted hotels or travel agents for the travelers for official trips to the field or abroad.
- Ensure invoices for hotel bookings are properly received, checked and entered in Trip documents or processed through MPOs on a timely basis.
- Liaise with Hotels in facilitating the best value for the CO as per the agreement with the travel agencies.
- Process all invoices received from Travel Agent.
- Assisting new International staff with accommodation and booking hotels.
- Assist Admin. Assistant and Admin. Officer in planning and organizing official events and missions
- Liaise with client units to ensure that all required information is obtained to facilitate proper planning of events and/or missions in the Country Office or in the field.
- Generic Administration
- Act as alternate of the other Assistants in Administration
- Any other tasks related to Administration as required by the supervisor and included on the Generic Profile of the SC4 Business Assistant.
- Back up focal point for Purchase Order and Purchase Request creation for Admin unit
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff