The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position will be reporting to Finance Officer with an overall supervision of Chief Provincial Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within the delegated authority, Business Support Assistant (Travel & Transport) will be responsible for the following duties:
OBJECTIVES & TARGETS
- Assign vehicle / driver for all official travels as and when requested. Maintain duty roster for drivers for field visits, overtime, evening and weekend duties and assign duties for daily shuttle and airport transfers and verify vehicles logbook.
- Recommend drivers overtime and ensure its timely submission.
- Provide updates to Finance for vendor charging against usage.
- Ensure proper filing system for the Unit is implemented.
- Forecast fuel requirement, raise purchase requisition (PR )for fuel, issue fuel coupon to buy fuel and keeping record.
- Review invoices, reconcile with the records and identify errors.
- Produce monthly fuel consumption report with recommendations (for Country Office) and submit payment request against the invoices received.
- Supervise fleet for repair and maintenance (R&M) and ensure it is always operational. Consolidate and submit monthly report on vehicles cost performance. Keep track of accident reporting.
- Necessary inputs to be provided to Country Office for update of master data of vehicles and generators.
- Monthly data entry for fuel receipts and repair and maintenance (R&M) in the fleet management software (FMS).
- To ensure refueling and maintenance data is captured in the database.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT
- Receive and create TRIP document in the system before travel takes place, check for implementation of SOP. Arrange itinerary/air ticket for air travel, process travel advance request and air ticket cost and logistic arrangements for staff travel.
- Receive, check and process travel expense claim (TEC) and review for its legitamacy/attachments. Modify/close TEC in WINGS, secure approval from Approving Officer and submit for financial posting.
- Monthly follow up for to be created, open and to be settled trip documents (TDs). Keep track of travel advances and arrange the settlement. Compile monthly travel plan and share with the Country Office.
- Raise purchase requisition (PR) in the system for general goods and services, keep regular tracking and follow up on timely payment. Maintain PR registry and database.
- Enter service entry sheet (SES) and goods receive note (GRNs) for Admin unit and on behalf of other units in the system.
- Initiate and forward all payment requests against petroleum, oil lubricants (POL), fleet repair/maintenance and all services/events in invoice tracking system (ITS) and follow up on timely payment.
- Advice appropriate action on pending PRs and give alerts to relevant staff for recognition of expenses in the same period of expense. Receive telephone calls and office visitors and route them to appropriate person where necessary.
- Timely train drivers on administrative matters (i.e. security clearances, trip documents, TEC approvals) and to conduct performance evaluation of drivers.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Secondary school education (Matric / O level). University degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- Experience: Overall 4 years of working experience in general administration. Experience in transport / travel management and managing carpool / drivers is desirable.
- Knowledge & Skills: Experience of using computers, including the standard MS office package.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English.