What will you do?
Based in Yaoundé, you will deliver standard business support processes, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
- Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
At this position, you will:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries from the Field Office and requesting assistance where necessary
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Provide support to establish the partnership/FLA cycles and SOPs within the Unit.
- Provide support to prepare a range of ToRs, budgets, reports and data analysis
- Strengthened the capacity of junior staff and cooperating partners staff on CP selection process, FLA and budget preparation, reporting, and payment
- Review request for cash requirements and initiate remittance actions through WINGS
- Liaise closely with Programme colleagues at the sub office level, and Country office Finance Unit on issues related to cooperating partner payments.
- Proper filing done for all programme fills on the programme drive with hard copies as backup files.
- Initiate the purchase of various NFIs for the programme Unit and Field Offices
Qualifications and Key Requirements
Education: Completion of secondary school education (GCE A Level or Baccalaureate). A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Administration, Finance, Human Resources is desirable.
Experience: 3 years of relevant professional experience in general administration, office management, communication, Project Management, finance and accounting.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Previous experience working with humanitarian sector will be a nice to have.
Language: Fluency, in both oral and written communication, in English and French.