The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK government ministry that helps foster UK exports and inward investment. This is a great opportunity to work on improving bilateral trade and investment between the United Kingdom and Brazil.
- This is an exciting role that will work directly with the senior DIT leadership in Brazil, as well as interact with the sector leads at post. This role will manage cross-team delivery. The Business Support Coordinator will also act as the main point of contact for the delivery of cross-sector activities, will act as special projects manager for Brazil (working on some ad hoc projects and activities, supporting DIT’s engagement with institutional partners, accompanying and drafting visits programmes). Finally, will act as a flexible resource supporting the whole trade team in Brazil.
- This is an ideal position for someone with good organizational and multitasking skills. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively to build a sense of team cohesion and delivering outcomes through others. The job will be challenging and will require the successful candidate to take responsibility for delivering both quickly and to a high standard.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The job holder is expected to:
- Assist UK companies to enter the Brazilian market by supporting the organisation of senior visits and missions (Ministers, Secretaries, Directors of Trade and Investment) and by conducting, sometimes commissioning reports and market researches with the objective of promoting trade between Brazil and the UK
- Act as an internal coordinator assisting sector teams follow ups and performance monitoring: DIT Brazil works with approximately 14 priority sectors with its respective managers around the country, based in our posts in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Recife and Belo Horizonte. We also work on trade policy which is led from our Embassy in Brasilia. Your role will be to guarantee the coordination work among all of the sector leads to ensure a standardized delivery and approach throughout the Fiscal Year.
- Be the main point of contact for non-priority sector activities that are required from headquarters, working closely with our business hub in Chile which handles non-priority sector activity across the LATAC region.
- Act as the Special Projects Manager for Brazil: this includes being the main coordinator of any new demand that comes from Headquarters, or senior leadership. Coordinating activities with our partners, like BRITCHAM (British Chamber of Commerce in Brazil), work on Registration on our CRM system
- Support directly the Director of Trade and Investment in Brazil, and Heads of Trade in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
- Be available to flex into supporting other sector and HMG teams at times of peak demand / crisis.
This position will suit an energetic, motivated self-starter with a dynamic personality, able to work with an international team and who welcomes challenges. It will require a positive and proactive attitude that thinks in terms of opportunities, not problems.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Essential on arrival:
- University degree in relevant subject such as International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, Economics and related areas.
- Work experience in relevant areas such as business development, commercial operations, sales, business partnerships or international trade & investment promotion.
- Language: English and Portuguese
- Level of language required: Fluent
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Project Management experience, working internationally.