Business Systems Analyst
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Analyzes the operations of a department or functional unit with the purpose of developing a general systems solution to a business problem that may require automation. Specific duties include assessing the business data model, improving/streamlining business processes, and integrating technology, as needed, with the business functions. Specific activities may include participating in client needs assessments as well as evaluating platform feasibility and business and technical software requirements. Position is responsible for gathering business requirements, conducting data analysis, impact assessments to understand business and application/reporting implications. May advise the client on improvement opportunities that solve business process and technical issues of varying complexities. This is technical and analytical work to develop, design, test, validate and/or analyze technical solutions for clients through an appropriate blending of technical knowledge and business problem solving activities.
- Interviews stakeholders in conducting requirement gathering, document requirements in the deployment of business data modeling and reporting solutions
- Liaises with users in assessment, development, and testing of business solutions.
- Develops and analyzes solutions to business issues, including review and writing of all relevant documentation, including but not limited to functional and technical design requirements.
- Assists in overseeing the development of technical design requirements with developers, programmers, and external suppliers before initiating coding.
- Writes and edits program and system documentation, user manuals, and training materials required to help people use and operate a system.
- Leads data analysis and validation of enterprise data assets.
- Collaborates and assists in the design and testing of the front-end user interfaces and interactive procedures / tools.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Understands basic operation of functional unit and develops awareness of its role in the enterprise.
- Presents and receives ideas clearly both in writing or verbally.
- Works independently on tasks, develops own work schedule and monitors progress against defined parameters.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Exhibits working knowledge of specialty work area demonstrated by an understanding of and ability to apply the standards and terminology associated with the work specialty
- Possession of excellent analytical skills.
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with writing requirement documents, and test scripts.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Reads, writes and speaks English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technologies or Related Field.
- Typically requires 3 – 5 Years of work experience.
- Capability to perform intermediate Excel functions.
- Prior work experience with Power BI or Tableau and is required.
- Experience with data analysis, basic SQL and report development is required.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) is preferred.