Business Transformation Officer
World Food Programme, Djibouti
Closing Date for Applications:
Partner with the business to understand their requests and operating environment in order to contribute to the transformation of business requirements into solutions exploiting IT capabilities and focusing on business satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Contribute to the baselining and tracking of business requirements through to implementation for efficient management of change.
- Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Maintain contacts with business counterparts to bring their requests into IT and keep them informed of actions.
- Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
- Review how IT service levels align with Service Level Agreements for solutions or services focused on the business and alert service managers of discrepancies. Assist to survey business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
- Support project managers in managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Ensure smooth and adequate IT services CO services including but not limited to: Networking, Internet connectivity, telecommunication, CCTV system and VSAT. Prompt trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Support business continuity of WFP’s beneficiary information and transfer management platform “SCOPE”.
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture : Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.
- Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization : Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.
- Technical Expertise : Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Requirement Definition & Management : Exhibits thorough understanding of business areas and processes to define, prioritize and customize IT infrastructure solutions to requirements.
- Strategic Account Management : Facilitates open communication and discussion with clients to assess and promote understanding of need for future changes in services, products and systems, resulting in overall client satisfaction.
- Business Analysis : Has in-depth understanding of operational requirements, business issues and opportunities to conduct stakeholder and benefit analysis of options to identify effective and optimal automated/ non-automated solutions that meet business needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- The candiate is expected to allocate 20 to 30% of his time for providing guidance and support to Junior IT Colleagues.
- Perform other related tasks as might be assinged by Head of Unit.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community
- Has modelled data and information flows to document key decisions and results.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education : Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
- Language : Fluency (level C) in French and English languages. Knowledge in the other local language is an asset. Intermediate Knowledge in the other UN or local languages is an asset.
- Experience : At least Three (3) years of experience is desirable.