The United Nations World Food Program is the largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger in the world. In Niger, WFP has been meeting the needs of poor women, men, boys and girls since 1968. We are working to achieve the Zero Hunger goal by 2030 by supporting government and community efforts on two fronts, saving lives and change lives.
To save lives, we intervene in crisis zones. We are present in the Lake Chad basin where violence linked to the conflict with Boko Haram has resulted in the displacement of thousands of people. This crisis has destabilized the Diffa region in Niger, also precipitating local populations in great vulnerability. The border with Mali is also subject to increasing instability. WFP provides food assistance in these areas to assist victims of conflict, refugees, displaced, returnees and local host populations.
To change lives, WFP is working across Niger to make people more resilient to shocks, including climatic shocks, that threaten the agricultural capacities and livelihoods of the most vulnerable Nigeriens. Our package of integrated activities covers nutrition, school canteens and technical assistance for land reclamation. WFP buys part of its food locally and from small producers to revitalize the national and local economy. We focus on building the capacity of government and communities in this country hit by repeated shocks. Thus, people manage to break the vicious circle of poverty and to see the future in a better light.
WFP manages the United Nations humanitarian air services, UNHAS. Some regions are far from the capital. Thanks to its devices, UNHAS allows all humanitarian personnel present in Niger to quickly and safely reach the place of humanitarian operations. This helps to reach vulnerable people, even in the most difficult to access areas.
Independent studies have shown that WFP's interventions in Niger are bearing fruit. These results confirm that our efforts in support of the government contribute, with the support of our donors, to support the development of Niger.
Objective : To work in partnership with the operational units to understand their needs and their working environment in order to contribute to the digital transformation of these needs into solutions exploiting new computer technologies and focused on the improvement and efficiency of processes and value for money.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not exhaustive)
- Contribute to the capture, analysis and documentation (diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience, storyboards) of operational requirements for IT solutions and services in accordance with WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Work with more experienced team members to communicate operational requirements to affected units, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies / plans.
- Contribute to the definition and monitoring of operational needs until implementation for effective change management.
- Test and analyze IT solutions and document them against quality and precision requirements.
- Maintain contacts with the units concerned to submit their IT requests and keep them informed of the actions to be taken.
- Maintain the service catalog of IT solutions offered locally to business units, including current solutions, and those under development to support effective knowledge management.
- Examine how IT service levels align with contracts for solutions or services focused on the needs of business units to identify potential inconsistencies. Help assess the satisfaction of operational units in terms of IT solutions and services.
- Assist project managers in managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, problem management for effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to the processes and procedures of the relationship management functions of operational units and IT projects to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Define and use techniques to obtain, understand, analyze, document, validate and communicate the objectives, needs, requirements and process flows in order to ensure a common understanding, agreement and prioritization between the operational units.
- Manage project deliverables to ensure the transfer of solutions in accordance with the overall project objectives and established operational strategies and requirements.
- Manage and motivate a team of staff, providing coaching, training and advice to ensure proper development and enable high performance
- Consolidate capacity needs to improve the management of relations between beneficiaries according to operational needs, by adapting them to the changes and challenges of the delivery of assistance in various contexts in Niger;
- Engage with partners for the adoption of SCOPE and integration with their own solutions, including the positioning of the platform within the government or the social safety net;
- Oversee the development of necessary guidance provided to partners for effective implementation of SCOPE
- Perform any other task as required
- Understand and communicate WFP's strategic objectives
- Be a source of inspiration for WFP's mission to its team
- Make WFP's mission visible in everyday actions
- Look for ways to build individual skills
- Create a culture of openness
- Support and provide constructive feedback
- Adopt and advocate a proactive attitude
- Encourage innovation and creative solutions
- Prioritize results
- Make and stick to commitments
- Know how to make decisions.
- Link and make work together the MAP units
- Build strong partnerships with external players
- Demonstrate political flexibility and adaptability
- Clearly explain the value that WFP brings to partnerships
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Education : Master in Computer Science, Engineering or any other equivalent diploma or License with years of experience in the field.
- Language : Proficiency in oral and written communication (level C) in French and intermediate knowledge (level B) in English. Good knowledge of local languages.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.).
- Experience : At least two years of professional IT experience (preferably in database management and programming).
- Carry out user support activities, which has resulted in rapid and high-quality service delivery to users.
- Model data and information flows to document key decisions and results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and statistical software.
- Experience in community work and has an intercultural sensitivity.
- Ability to analyze information and write reports in French and English in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with local authorities.