Capacity Development Specialist
United Nations Development Programme, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and UNDP Management, the Capacity Development Specialist will contribute to UNDP’s support in the RNP, providing advisory services in the area of capacity development and training in view of the planned deployment of more than 3,000 field consultants that will be responsible of the biometric digital enrollment at national scale. Within this perspective, the Capacity Development Specialist will work closely with RNP’s advisors and technical staff for the implementation of relevant improvements and tailored approaches, based on training and education for adults, that will contribute to ensuring effective, professional, and inclusive interactions with target audiences. Also, the Capacity Development Specialist will support RNP to promoting that high-end equipment and materials that will be deployed in the field in relevant quantities at the national level are operated according to technical standards and values to be established by RNP with UNDP support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the CO management in accordance with RNP’s needs, shall perform the following functions:
- Provide instructional design and training delivery expertise for competency-based, blended programs (including e-learning design if requested by the RNP)
- Assess performance gaps and identify appropriate solutions
- Design and lead team development interventions
- Manage the development and maintenance of multiple, simultaneous learning program development projects
- Plan and conduct training evaluations
- Develop training materials for the different RNP teams and departments
- Provide technical support to RNP Identificate sub-projects regarding human and institutional capacity building
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's degree from a reputable university in adult education, training or related field.
- Minimum three years of relevant training, performance improvement, and staff supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design, and experience with blended and e-learning
- Experience developing curriculum materials for staff and leadership
- Experience in the area of Civil Registries, Legal identity and/or elections are considered very strong assets.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.