World Vision International(WVI), Mutare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Position:
- Administer the Commodity Tracking System (CTS) database within WV ENSURE and provide technical support on its installation and implementation.
- Manage all the tracking procedures in the commodity department to ensure all food transactions are accounted for in compliance with donor requirements and regulations (USAID)
- Ensure the commodity accounting procedures in Zimbabwe are in compliance with the WV partnership commodity accounting manual.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Review all Commodity Reports from all the District sites.
- Ensure that the Commodity Reports are accurate and reliable for completion of the monthly global Commodity Status Reports.
- Work with the Commodity Officer to supervise and provide training for all other commodity staff especially Commodity Assistants and warehouse supervisors at field level.
- Responsible for data integrity. Prepare accurate and reliable statistical analysis as required by the management.
- Plan for spot checks in all warehouses to review the physical inventory, stacking, ledger books and stack cards.
- CTS Database management for World Vision
- Maintain a clear and complete paper trail for all the commodity transactions from WFP and or from port to World Vision main warehouses, to secondary warehouses to distribution centers and finally to end users / beneficiaries.
- Maintain a clear accounting and documentation process for each shipment and maintain the shipment files.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Commodity Officer or his/her designee.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, and prior experience and on the job training.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree from a University in business, accounting or Statistics.
- Some knowledge of warehousing, transport, shipping and practical freight forwarding is an added advantage.
- Past experience preferably with a busy NGO or a UN agency in handling of food commodities and Commodity tracking / accounting.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to Commodities accountability and reporting.
- Requires experience in port operations, clearing and forwarding, dispatch and logistics planning, warehousing, storekeeping, bookkeeping and computer knowledge especially spreadsheets and Commodity Tracking Systems or Statistics packages. Must have strong analytical skills.
- This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the tasks with little or no supervision.
- He/she must be diligent in paperwork, have integrity and be able to cooperate with warehousemen, truck drivers and transporters.
- Ability to achieve pre-defined results and outcomes using ethical, best practice methods.
- Ability to demonstrate personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to respect and relate to people of other faiths.
- Ability to prioritise many demands without losing focus.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/zimbabwe/food-security-and-livelihood/caro-officer/5372