Cash and Livelihoods Project Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Duhok, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Cash and Livelihoods Project Manager’s position is to implement delegated cash and livelihood project portfolio.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support design of market assessments, mapping and analysis;
- Budget management: ensure budget management and submit regular spending plans; develop work plans for the field teams and follow up with progress on a daily basis; budget holding when delegated this responsibility; develop procurement plans and ensure all procurements are done in time; contribute towards the preparation of monthly activity reports, donor reports and other updates; contribute to proposal and budget development;
- Donor compliance: ensure donor rules and regulations are followed and all necessary documentation is in place and backed up as needed;
- Responsible for the quality of the program: quality of data collection and distributions are according to SoPs with correct accountability measures in place;
- M&E: with support from the Cash and Livelihoods Specialist and M&E, ensure that the following activities are implemented according to the work plan: market assessments; beneficiary assessments and verification; PDM surveys; and end line surveys. Ensures reporting tools are in place for daily tracking of activities/trainings/distributions;
- Overall coordination of beneficiary selection process; ensures there is a communication strategy with beneficiaries in place; ensures there is a functioning complaints mechanism;
- Support in identification and procurement of service providers (eg training, cash disbursements) while putting in place systems to ensure quality;
- Oversee the use of different aid modalities in the emergency response. Take informed decisions over the implementation modality based on market assessments, price monitoring and international best practices.
- Coordinate with the Logistics, Finance and Security departments to organize activities;
- Represent NRC in external meetings as needed, primarily with, BRHA, MoA, MoLSA,camp management and any governorate level coordination mechanisms on Cash and Livelihoods;
- Cooperate closely with counterparts from other NRC core competencies to identify opportunities for integration/synergy of NRC services alongside livelihoods;
- Ensure realistic monitoring plans are prepared and followed.
- Closely work with local partner for capacity development and implementation of livelihoogd project
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Business Management/Economics, agriculture, relevant engineering);
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project management position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams and managing multiple budgets;
- Technical Cash and Livelihoods expertise in transition/early recovery context, including small business development training;
- Experience with community engagement principles and approaches;
- Commitment to an evidence and needs based approach;
- Demonstrated results with conflict-sensitive and adaptive livelihoods activities;
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and providing capacity building support;
- Demonstrated experienced integrating cash and livelihood work with other sector programmes and into assessments;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; Arabic is a plus.