Center Facilitator -Azraq Camp
World Vision, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to implement all activities for children, adolescents and parents participating in the Peace Center in Azraq Camp with quality standards aiming at improving resilience of the Syrian refugees. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Peace Center and in collaboration with other centre staff, the Peace Center Facilitator will be responsible for planning, organising, reporting all the Peace Center within the timeline and the budget planned in Child Protection in Emergency for Azraq Camp Project.
- The Peace Center facilitator build relationship with the targeted children, adolescents and parents/caregivers and inform them about the activities and services provided in the Peace Center in Azraq Camp.
- He/She facilitates the process of enrolment of children, youth and parents/caregivers in the Peace Centre (PC) and keeps records of their enrolment and attendances on PC services;
- He/She identify the needs of children, adolescents and family and orient and refer them to the existing services in Azraq Camp;
- He/She ensures delivering the activities and services to children according to designed program and in close collaboration with the head of Peace Center and other PC staff.
- He/She documents and reports all the activities and processes by ensuring that all the means of verification are in place
- He/She actively contributes in contextualization of the curricula used for PC activities by foster a reflection and learning approach.
- He/She contributes in establishment of the community-based child protection Committees
- He/She builds community capacities and coach community members in identifying and referring children and families for the services needed
- Build close and constructive relationships and actively learn within partner communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of child protection / child rights
- Good command of Arabic and English
- Computer literate mainly with MSOffice software package Good communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to deal with children and people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to foster a good team spirit
- Ability to transmit information correctly with accountability and maintain confidentiality
- Animation skills and child friendly attitude
- Digital Skills
- Voluntary spirit
- Team management skills
- Sociable and presentable
- Work under pressure
- Creative with coming up with new ideas & activities