Challenge TB Activity Officer, Ukraine Country Program
PATH, Kyiv, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
We are currently seeking a Senior Program Officer to provide leadership and technical expertise in TB and MDR-TB control. This position is funded through September 29, 2015. Employment after that date is subject to availability of funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assess the current status of drug-resistant TB (MDR TB) policies and services in target oblasts. Participate periodically in supervisory visits made by oblast level TB specialists to oversee local (district/rayon) TB programs.
- Participate in oblast review meetings, and provide feedback on MDR TB case management and MDR TB program performance to national specialists at these meetings conducted to analyze findings of supervision and results of local MDR TB programs.
- Participate in developing guidelines on supervision. Lead and/or participate in training of oblast coordinators on using the supervision results for management.
- Provide technical assistance (primarily on-site) to TB specialists in target regions in acquiring information on and applying to practice clinical TB updates in accordance with relevant national regulations and international recommendations.
- Review new or updated national and international TB and MDR TB regulations and guidelines, summarize and discuss the potential changes/new approaches to be reflected in training curricula and other project activities with project management.
- Conduct technical visits to target regions and provide feedback to project management, and, if requested, to counterparts at all levels.
- Work on developing journal articles, presentations, and posters to promote project and disseminate key project results.
- Proven leadership and technical expertise in TB and MDR-TB control
- Case management of TB and MDR TB in Ukraine and/or post-Soviet region and in accordance with international standards.
- Surveillance, monitoring and evaluation with accepted international indicators for TB control, including analysis of TB treatment outcomes using cohort analysis.
- Exemplary diplomatic and interpersonal skills to facilitate relations with the Government and other local partners.
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Russian and/or Ukrainian language fluency required; English is highly desirable.
- Strong team player.
- Available to travel within Ukraine up to 40% annually.
- Advanced degree (MD, MBChB, Phd or Masters) in general medicine, infectious diseases, pulmonary diseases, public health, or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in TB control to include managing a TB control program in Ukraine.
- Experience with case management of TB and MDR TB.
- Knowledge and understanding of the political environment and other factors in Ukraine that may influence project implementation and achievement of targets and results.
- Familiarity with working with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Ukraine.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.