The Timbaktu Collective is seeking an experienced and dynamic CEO to lead the Dharani Farming and Marketing Cooperative Ltd. (Dharani FaM Coop Ltd.), a growing organic farmers’ Cooperative in the Ananthapuramu District of Andhra Pradesh, which it has promoted since 2008. Dharani FaM Coop Ltd. has more than 2,000 smallholder farmers as its shareholders, markets its products using the ‘Timbaktu Organic’ brand, and achieved sales of Rs.4.97 crore in 2019-20. The ideal candidate will provide inspired leadership, inculcate positive work culture, increase the efficiency of processing, expand sales and marketing efforts, and have strong working relationships with the staff and management of the Timbaktu Collective, as well as with the Board of Directors of Dharani FaM Coop Ltd.
Role: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting Person: Executive Director, The Timbaktu Collective
Work location: Chennekothapalli village, Ananthapuramu District, Andhra Pradesh
Job Type: Full-time position with a three-month probation period
- You will lead, guide, and supervise a range of functions, including but not limited to procurement, processing, packing, sales, marketing & communications, financial management, legal/regulatory compliance, business development, and networking.
- You will oversee the Cooperative’s senior leadership team, comprising the Administrator, Processing Unit Manager, and Finance Manager.
- You will be the primary spokesperson of the Cooperative and work with the Board of Directors to determine short-term and long-term goals.
- You will set, monitor, and ensure achievement of targets.
- You will build alliances and partnerships with businesses, organizations, and government agencies, and develop a repository of knowledge on the food processing industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a senior management professional in a business/social enterprise;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills in English and Telugu;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and knowledge of accounting software (Tally, Zoho etc.);
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting – cash flow management, profit and loss, balance sheet etc.;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate;
- Possess an MBA or a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Commerce, Rural Management, Social Entrepreneurship etc.).
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The consolidated monthly salary (CTC) will be in the range of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 60,000, and will be decided based on the candidate’s experience, skillsets, and previous remuneration.
- Applicants are required to send an email to email@example.com with a detailed resume and covering letter (describing their eligibility for the position)
- The last date for receipt of applications is January 31, 2021.
- Interviews will be held shortly after that for the shortlisted candidates.
About the Timbaktu Collective
- The Timbaktu Collective is a grassroots nonprofit organization that works towards the sustainable development of marginalized people across 186 villages in the eight mandals (sub-divisions) of the drought-prone and ecologically challenged Ananthapuramu District in Andhra Pradesh. The Collective was registered in Bengaluru in November 1990, with its field office located in Chennekothapalli village.
To Know More: