World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christian to fill the following position of Chief ofPartyfor the USAID funded project. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Chief of Party (COP) shall provide overall leadership, strategic vision and direction, program management and oversight, and will serve as principal liaison to USAID and the Ministry of Health (MoH) staff.
- Provide in leadership on technical guidance in HIV service delivery for key populations, including increasing demand for and utilization of prevention, testing, care, and treatment services; systems strengthening and organizational development of local partners to create an enabling environment for sustainable HIV service delivery; and overseeing project evaluation and learning.
- Ensure provision of technical and management aspects of project implementation.
- Lead development and scale up of innovations and new approaches that increase use of high impact HIV prevention, uptake of HIV testing, rapid enrollment in antiretroviral treatment for those that are HIV positive, and scale-up of viral load services.
- Represent the project to the USAID Mission, other US government representatives, Government of Malawi officials, other donors, civil society partners, and private sector stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in developing scopes of work and/or memorandums of understanding for project partners, collaborators, and consultants, and provide technical oversight and management of partner and consultant activities.
- Monitor implementation of project activities against approved work plans and budgets, and ensure timely completion of outcomes and achievement of targets.
- Lead development of annual work plans, progress reports, and other required deliverables.
- Provide oversight of program monitoring, evaluation, and learning opportunities, and lead data analysis and learning processes to ensure project activities are adapted based on results and to scale up promising approaches.
- Maintain and establish strong working partnerships with all project partners and stakeholders.
- Work closely with project staff and partners to identify, document, and disseminate best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in a Clinical or Public health discipline (medicine, nursing, and epidemiology) is preferred.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex HIV and/or Public health programs, including supervision of technical staff, preferably in ESA.
- An additional 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV.
- Prevention, family planning/reproductive health or related fields internationally, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa. Specific experience working with HIV testing and SRH service delivery preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or USAID-funded agreements or contracts.