Chief of Party
IntraHealth International, Dakar, Senegal
Closing Date for Applications:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming Senegal Integrated District Health Activity tender. The goal of Senegal Integrated District Health Activity is to improve health status and human capital in Senegal by strengthening systems at the district level, increasing access and quality of services and increasing participation among communities and other stakeholders.
The COP will be responsible for overall project leadership and management, providing strategic guidance, vision, and leadership, including coordination among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners at the national and sub-national levels. The COP will be the principal liaison with USAID Senegal and the Ministry of Health (MOH) and will supervise senior staff on the project. This position will oversee all aspects of the project with a particular focus on the technical integrity of program design and implementation, as well as meeting targets and achieving project deliverables, including supporting the G2G transition. The COP will oversee local finances and budgets, including managing all procurement and contracts/subcontract administration activities and assure compliance with organizational and donor policies.
- Provide strategic technical, managerial, and fiscal leadership assuring that the project is in compliance with IntraHealth and USAID policies and procedures;
- Ensure the achievement of high-quality results by IntraHealth, its sub-contractors and sub-grantees and that all deliverables are met on time and within budget;
- Build an integrated vision amongst related components and diverse actors, focusing on achieving results in health systems as well as access to quality services;
- Serve as key liaison and work collaboratively with the other USAID-funded Activities, USAID Senegal, the Ministry of Health at all levels, local government authorities and other stakeholders and partners in the implementation of the project to ensure the alignment and integration of the program with the Government of Senegal’s strategies;
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments to the home office and USAID;
- Directly supervise and oversee the work of project staff, including sub-contractors;
- Lead communication and reporting to Government of Senegal entities such as the Ministry of Health.
- An advanced degree in health, social sciences, or a related discipline is required, Medical or clinical background preferred;
- Demonstrated capabilities and high-level expertise in at least two of the following areas: Health Systems Strengthening, Integrated Health Services (MNCH, Malaria, FP/RH and Nutrition), Quality Improvement, Community Engagement and Social Behavior Change;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience managing health programs in developing countries in complex cultural settings, in progressive leadership positions;
- Preferred experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Significant knowledge and experience working with the Ministry of Health in Senegal;
- Strong skills and a track record in strategic visioning, leadership, networking, and problem-solving as well as effective skills for interacting with senior-level policy makers;
- Proven ability to lead a team of senior staff for a large international development assistance program, preferably in West Africa;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Willingness to travel 25% within the country and internationally on occasion.