Child Protection Activities Facilitator
Danish Refugee Council, Aleppo, Syria
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of the Tasks:
- The facilitator should be able to conduct all protection/child protection activities, identify child protection risks, and refer them to whom responsible, he is flexible for doing Community Centers and outreach activities.
Tasks in Details:
- Conduct recreational activities, children clubs, and committees inside and outside the center.
- Provide support needed for the protection field team in Aleppo.
- Ability to provide psychosocial support programs for children, youth, and parents.
- Assist in conducting awareness campaigns prepared by the field protection team in Aleppo.
- Flexibility and ability to provide assistance to any DRC team in Aleppo Community Centers.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or counseling.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in protection.
- Experience in child protection and working with caregivers.
- The ability to effectively communicate with children and their caregivers.
- Flexibility and effectiveness at work.
- Good spoken and written English language skills.
- Excellent spoken and written Arabic language skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Contract Length: six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
- According to the policy of the Danish Refugee Council service contract, payment will be made according to the working hours.