PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The CS Business Coordination Partner contributes to the communication and implementation of a portfolio of initiatives and processes with Field Offices and/or Support Offices. It is responsible for the development and maintenance of close and effective work relationships with field/support offices participating in the initiatives/processes, and for communicating and coordinating activities. It serves as the point of contact to connect the GC project teams and the participating offices.
The role involves cooperating with key people from the project management group of the Sponsorship Global Coordination Services team (SGCS), and collaborating with specific group of RO/NOs/SOs in order to achieve objectives of multiple projects/processes supported by the SGCS. It supports the planning, monitoring, dissemination and reporting requirements of the SGCS. It provides streamlined communication and centralized coordination for/with Field Offices / Support Offices to achieve the objectives of multiple projects and initiatives.
Project implementation, communication & representation, conflict/problem identification and resolution, and risk management:
- Work directly with field/support offices and the project management services group of the SGCS to complete planned activities within established timeline and through agreed process. Contribute to the overall success of the portfolio and program objectives of the SGCS.
- Monitor and report to project coordinator/manager the progress of multiple activities, including follow-up and tracking of responses and submissions of required project documents.
- Assist project management services group in gathering and analyzing information for project reporting and work planning.
- Apply communication tools, protocols and processes to help develop and maintain positive customer relationships with participating field/support offices.
- Disseminate project information to participating offices.
- Provide regular updates to the participating RO/NO/SO about project/process status, progress, issues.
- Organize, prepare and facilitate regular and ad-hoc face-to face or online meetings and activities with field/support offices.
- Bring to GC project meetings the interests, request, questions, concerns of participating offices.
- Escalate to Manager and project leads all issues, support needs, business risks that emerge from activities and engagements with participating offices.
- Coordinate with field/support offices the implementation of work-around/resolution to address issues or manage risks, including connecting GC teams with the field/support office.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the project with approval from manager.
- Contribute to work planning, improvement of work processes/tools, and development of the CS Business Coordination Partners Group:
- Participate and actively contribute in the regular integrated work planning of the CS Business Coordination Partners Group.
- Support the periodic review of the processes, protocols, templates, tools used by the group by providing feedback, sharing lessons and recommending improvements.
- Participate in service quality reviews.
- Assist manager in implementing improvements or changes.
- Train or coach new CS Business Coordination Partners or other team members – develop and implement training/coaching plan as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management or related field.
- Diploma or course in Project Management, Management or related field.
- 3 to 5 year experience in project management or coordination or related role in a multi-national or INGO.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A broad understanding of non-profit operations. Commitment to World Vision´s objectives, ethos, core ministries, Mission Statement and Core Values is mandatory.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in planning and project management. Use of generally accepted project management tools.
- Proven knowledge of project management, including 2 or more years managing projects.
- Diploma or certification in project management desired.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities. Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.