PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Child Sponsorship Capacity Building Advisor is to nurture and develop talented practitioners in Field Offices in order to strategically position child sponsorship and deliver high quality child sponsorship operations in the country.
The CS Capacity Building Advisor is also responsible for the implementation of global child sponsorship capacity building in coordination with the Sponsorship Field Operations and Business Support & Ministry Integration teams. The position will ensure coverage and continuous improvements of capacity building implementation as well as closely partner with the Business Support & Ministry Integration Team to review/develop critical materials, system and mechanism, including sponsorship learning and development curricula (e.g. Managing Sponsorship with Excellence, Sponsorship Basic Training, Walking with Volunteers). This position also plays critical role in partnering with Regional and Field
Office leaders to enable organizational-level change and continuous improvements in field sponsorship operations and program integration.
The position reports to Director – Sponsorship Field Engagement & Support with a matrix reporting relationship with the Director – Sponsorship Business Support & Ministry Integration. The position will also work closely with the Sponsorship Capacity and Change Partner, and child sponsorship leads at the Regional and Field Office levels to coordinate document learning.
- Learning/training resources, systems, processes, and implementation
- Capacity building planning and implementation:
- Identify capacity building needs and work with Sponsorship Business Support and Ministry Integration Team to develop a long term sponsorship capacity building framework to increase strategic capability.
- Develop business plan including costs for sponsorship technical skills development processes, resources and structures including cost recovery mechanism as necessary.
- Support implementation of the capacity building plans aligned with other partnership initiatives for integration, including broader capacity building efforts by Global Field Operations.
- Manage the continuous improvement and roll out of capacity building plans.
Collaboration and Learning:
- Mentor and coach Field Office (FO) and Regional Office (RO) capacity building point persons on implementation of Sponsorship capacity building.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Competency Development (ICD), E-learning resources development team, and other teams to ensure effective capacity building.
- Contribute to learning processes and further refinement of e-learning, online and help resources.
- Capability and Quality Assurance Framework:
- Provide ongoing monitoring and review to child sponsorship capability framework and work with RO/FO leadership to improve core competencies for sponsorship.
- Identify strong offices and practitioners across global portfolio to develop pool of experts and resources for strengthening organizational capacity at various levels (i.e. organizational development and change process).
Child Sponsorship Resource and Network:
- Support Capacity and Change partner in the development and nurturing of Sponsorship Learning and development interest group facilitating sharing and application of learning.
- Provide technical support to Regional Sponsorship Coordinators in the development of regional networks for learning and quality implementation.
- Manage development and implementation of capacity building project plans, ensuring plans are within scope, time and budget in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and manage project risk assessment: planning, monitoring and managing the process to ensure project risks are identified, monitored, and controlled.
- Manage consultants and working groups with systematic project tracking and reporting. Support stakeholder engagement and coordination for Capacity building resource development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Academic qualification in adult learning and development, business administration, human resources, arts, development or related field.
- Minimum ten years in development NGO experience, with 5 years in a combination of capacity building, knowledge management or development programming roles working with multiple projects.
- Experienced group facilitator and people developer with a passion for identifying and developing talent for high quality results and performance.
- Excellent analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems. Critical thinking and capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
- Experience in generally accepted project management tools/methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across cultures, demonstrated experience of influence of non-reporting relationships and authority.
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions, cultures and levels in the organisation (orally and in writing.). Fluency in English.
- Training or courses taken in knowledge management or capacity building.
- Basic understanding of Spanish, French or Portuguese preferred, but not essential.
Work Environment/Travel:The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.