Clinical Strategy Intern
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Clinical Strategy Intern will learn about the history of FHI Clinical, Inc and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. The intern will also be assigned specific tasks under the direction of the Clinical Strategy Director. The intern will benefit by applying the knowledge acquired in their college coursework and research experience to hands on career experiences provided by FHI Clinical staff and mentors. This position is office based.
The Clinical Strategy Intern:
- Work with designated FHI Clinical staff to develop site database platform
- Assist team members with the completion of project specific tasks
- Attend meetings and other learning opportunities
- Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- Compile, prepare and analyze data and prepare reports, as needed. Provide administrative assistance for special projects as required by the Clinical Strategy team
- Communicate with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Attend departmental specific training, as required
- Perform other tasks under the direction of other FHI Clinical mentors and/or management
EDUCATION, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Must be enrolled in an Associate, Undergraduate or Graduate program or recent graduate of a higher learning institution.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Expertise and know-how
- Knowledge of ICH / GCP regulations helpful
- Knowledge of clinical research process and medical terminology
- Knowledge of building and maintaining databases
- Ability to reason independently to assess and recommend specific solutions in clinical settings
Ability to work as a team member and interact with sites in a professional and courteous manner.
Personal skills & behaviors
- Availability to internal and external project team members
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, ability to read additional languages, such as French and Spanish, are helpful
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to enable an effective team
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with lots of common sense and able to act on own initiative
- Accountable, dependable and demonstrates strong commitment
- Applies clear and consistent performance standards and handles problems decisively and objectively
- Customer service focused in approach to work, both internally and externally
- Maintains a positive, results-orientated attitude
- The above job description is intended to describe the key responsibilities but is not an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and skills that are required. The Company reserves the right to vary the job descriptions as per their requirements.
- All activities must be conducted in line with FHI Clinical Policies and Standard Operating Procedures, other standard procedural documents that are contractually agreed for a given activity and all nationally and globally applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.