United Nations Children's Fund , Serbia
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
- With the continuous rise of COVID-19 positive cases in Kosovo coupled with low COVID-19 vaccination rates, there are evident signs of pandemic fatigue or demotivation to follow recommended protective practices, emerging gradually over time and affected by a number of emotions, experiences and perceptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to this, UNICEF intends to support the development of evidence-based communication and community engagement interventions to promote and maintain key preventive practices for COVID-19 and ensure the acceptance and uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine. To enable development and implementation of these activities that will be aligned with the COVID-19 National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP), UNICEF will support the creation of a Communication Hub that will rally a team of professionals with specialized expertise in strategic communications, social media, behavioral and social sciences as well as monitoring and evaluation. The Communication Hub will bring together insights from social media listening and other data collection methods from the field, process and analyze them, and develop tailored evidence-based communication campaigns and outreach activities.
Scope of Work:
- Under the direct supervision of the UNICEF C4D Officer, the Communication Consultant/Team Leader will lead the team of the Communication Hub members and help in maximizing the team performance of the Communication Hub through positive collaboration between the team members and establish a trusting relationship with accountability and responsibility for the project activities and results. The consultant will work closely with UNICEF Kosovo Office, Ministry of Health, and Institute of Public Health on developing strategic interventions for increasing the uptake of COVID-19 vaccinations and the application of prevention measures.
The Consultant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant institutions, donors, influencers and other relevant stakeholders on coordination and implementation of the project on “Communication and outreach in support of COVID-19 prevention and vaccination”.
- Coordinate the development of a social listening mechanism that will include the review/assessment of community and social media platforms conversations around the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccinations.
- Spearhead the development of a detailed Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) plan with clear objectives, identified audiences, key influencers and activities/ actions.
- Develop, test and implement tailored evidence-based communication interventions to increase awareness on COVID-19 prevention and improve the uptake of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Coordinate the development of a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework to measure the effectiveness of community and social media interventions.
- Regularly provide reports to UNICEF Kosovo Office on project development and achievements as per the detailed M&E plan.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications required:
Education: Master’s degree in communication, public health, research, social and behavior change communication, or any other related field.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is considered as an asset.
- Expertise and at least 5-year experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based communication
- Experience in conducting research
- Proven expertise in developing and applying comprehensive M&E framework
- Excellent managerial and research analytical skills.
- Knowledge on public health and social and behavioral change projects/programmes/methodology is an asset.