Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- The role of the Communications Assistant is to provide support to the Communications and Media Content Producer in delivering high quality communication and media products that will best represent Save the Children in the Philippines. Under the guidance of the Communications and Media Content Producer, the post-holder is expected to provide good quality information and collateral that will enable excellent media and fundraising activities: in country, for Members, and across Save the Children International.
- This role is expected to provide relevant information from within the geographical area to the Communications and Media Content Producer. The post-holder is expected to maintain close collaboration with all project/ program teams within the geographical scope to monitor activities and developments on Save the Children's work, which can be translated to interesting stories that can be pitched to the media, in order to establish Save the Children's unified brand in the country.
- The Communications Assistant will also be working closely with the communications team based at the National Office to ensure that the Save the Children image and messages that are being communicated at the field level is in line with Save the Children's national brand and what it stands for.
- The Communications Assistant will provide support on internal communications, and undertake general administration on behalf of the communications team during donor and media visits.
- Graduate of BA Communication/ Journalism/ Broadcasting or any related course
- Excellent writing skills (sample works required) and interpersonal communication skills, both in Tagalog and English
- Excellent relationship building and coordination skills in order to effectively work with different program/ project teams
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills with children in order to gather good case studies
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Basic photography and videography skills; and fundamental knowledge on using Photoshop, In Design and Premiere Pro
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children-a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus, and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Fresh graduates with capacity and willingness to learn and perform under extreme pressure are welcome to apply
- Contract length: Fixed Term position until December 31, 2021 based in National Capital Region
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated