The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) provides technical assistance to Member States to strengthen their capacities in the fight against organized crime and drug trafficking. In this context, UNODC ROPAN pays special attention to the specific needs of the countries of Central America and the Caribbean, in order to provide tailor-made, coherent and effective technical assistance that allows facing the challenges posed by these phenomena in the region.
This project is intended to support the Regional Office for Central America and the Caribbean in Panama from a technical and administrative point of view, thus allowing the implementation of the march, and the monitoring of new initiatives, as well as the mobilization of resources. in line with the UNODC strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is located in the UNODC Regional Office for Central America and the Caribbean (ROPAN), in Panama City, Panama, Operations Division (DO), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). The Communications Assistant will work under the supervision of the team from the Office of the Regional Representative.
Under the general supervision of the Office of the UNODC Regional Representative for Central America and the Caribbean (ROPAN), the Communications Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of the UNODC ROPAN communications plan; which includes modernization and updating of the UNODC ROPAN website, in an interactive way
- Systematically disseminate to the public of interest, the contents and products generated by UNODC ROPAN projects;
- Manage spaces in the media for the dissemination of information generated by UNODC ROPAN projects;
- Keep the social networks and the UNODC ROPAN website updated;
- Respond to the demands of the press;
- Prepare and update the database of media and press in the region;
- Support ROPAN projects in the production and coordination of events of institutional interest;
- Raise meeting minutes, as required by the Front Office;
- Organize material for meetings, conferences, events in general face-to-face and virtual (sound checks, banners and others), in advance of the event date
- Organize and manage the institutional archives of documents, news, photographs, videos, audio materials and others;
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the area of communication sciences, or other related (journalism, marketing, advertising). Courses related to the area of communication will be valued.
- At least five years of professional experience in the communication area.
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication plans.
- Coordination / management of communication in public and / or private sector institutions.
- Management of social networks and websites.
- For this advertised position, fluency in English and Spanish (both oral and written) is required.