Community Development Facilitator
Plan International, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International has received available funding to implement a 5-month emergency response in the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur. This is to support communities affected by Super Typhoon Rolly.
- The Community Development Facilitator will facilitate the emergency response deliverables this includes distribution of non-food items, coordination with local government units, project reporting and documentation. The project will cover the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur, Philippines. This role will be based in Legazpi, Albay, Philippines.
Further, as the Community Development Facilitator:
- You will be tasked to facilitate all project activities as indicated under the Super Typhoon Rolly Emergency Response.
- You will submit all monthly reports using Plan International standards and as required by the donor.
- You will regularly provide situation updates from the ground to the Project Manager.
- You will have the opportunity to attend to joint or coordinated assessments and use the results to orient the response programming.
- You will ensure that child safeguarding, gender, and inclusion standards are adhered to.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Passionate and committed to addressing issues affecting disaster resilience and child safeguarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Social Science, Disaster Management Development Studies, and other related courses
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in community development, project management, or social work.
- Previous experience in disaster or emergency response is an advantage.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.