The purpose of this position is to implement sponsorship standards in coordination with volunteer child development works and facilitate community understanding, acceptance and implementation of WV JWG’s development approach in target communities.
Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted area programmes (AP) to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
Support implementation of project models, including programming for adolescents in the AP through IMPACT+ and leverage their presence for stronger community engagement, civic activism and sustainable change in the community.
- Sponsorship Operations: Implement child sponsorship operations and standards in coordination with child development monitors (CDMs).
- With support of CESC Coordinator design and implement the community engagement and sponsorship plan in the area program.
- Identify and recommend CDMs to the CESC Coordiantor and zonal manager.
- Work with CDMs to plan for and meaningful integrate Sponsorship in programming and meaningful participation of RCs through integration of sponsorship activities into project models implemented in respective AP as well as CESP plan.
- Work with CDMs to implement and meet the child sponsorship standards including Transformed field Environment (TFE) and sponsorship 2.0 guidelines. Work to identify the most vulnerable children.
- Work with CDMs to implement support office requirements, including management of sponsor queries, gift notifications, community gifts, and all others including sharing meaningful educational materials related to sponsorship to sponsors, RCs and communities.
- Develop effective coordination and strong working relations with CDMs throughout implementation of sponsorship processes.
- Comply with child protection standards in sponsorship processes and report incidents in cooperation with CPA and CESC coordinators.
Community Engagement & Social Change:
- Implement World Vision’s programme approach in targeted AP to facilitate strong community engagement and ownership by local stakeholders and partners in the implementation process.
- Implement WV’s programme approach in targeted AP with high quality and good community engagement.
- Develop strong collaborative relations with local stakeholders and develop partnerships across the AP. Serve as a liaison between WV and local community in the AP.
- Implement local planning processes including annual community engagement and annual planning (CEAP) and sharing of monitoring and evaluation information with communities in alignment with WV’s development programme approach and with support from Monitoring & Communication Officers.
- Provide guidance and input to the CESC Coordinator on relevant micro projects, and manage community GNs and other joint activities with the CDMs.
- Communicate WV’s identity, mission, vision, core values and our approach to development when engaging with community stakeholders and act accordingly. This includes orientation on child sponsorship messaging integrated with broader community engagement process.
- Identify and communicate community priorities, vulnerabilities, vulnerable groups to other zonal staff and help the team to map and allocate WV resources accordingly in alignment with WV’s Programme Approach and LEAP 3.
- Participate in learning and sharing events with other partners at the zonal level. Contribute to ongoing reflection and learning within the team to improve programme performance and mutually share learning and experience with other zonal staff
- Communicate existence and use of community feedback mechanisms
- Support implementation of project models, including programming for adolescents in the AP through IMPACT+ and leverage their presence for stronger community engagement, civic activism and sustainable change in the community.
- Work with relevant Technical Coordinators to plan for and support relevant project models in the AP, including identification of priority communities, centres, schools, RC, their families, most vulnerable children. and other stakeholders in alignment with RC ages, vulnerability and fragility of respective AP.
- the work of IMPACT+ according to the technical model in close coordination with the relevant NO technical lead.
- As clubs grow in capability, include mature clubs and youth into community engagement processes and elements of WV’s programme approach.
- Assist the Monitoring and communication officers in preparing semi-annual, annual, and end of project reports required by internal, donor, government and interest bodies
- Support monitoring and communications officers in the monitoring of projects. Support interpretation of monitoring
- Support emergency response as needed.
- Attend and participate in WV’s spiritual nurture, as appropriate, and other organizational activities and events.
- Be responsible for own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
Degree in social science or related subjects to development or relevant years of work experience
- Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Previous relevant experience, including at least 3 years of development facilitation in and with communities
- Experience with program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience with faith, community based and child focused empowerment programs.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong understanding of community-led development work
- Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Good analytical and writing skills; Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a proper standard of English.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driving license