Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Duties & Accountabilities
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Data Privacy Officer (CDPO) and perform tasks as assigned by the CDPO or the Senior Compliance Officer. The primary responsibility of the Compliance Officer will include:
- Independently coordinating with business units across the World Bank (WB) to educate and gather feedback on data privacy matters.
- Providing advice on privacy and data protection policy.
- Partnering with business units to develop a roadmap of programs designed to mitigate privacy risks and promoting a privacy and data-protection mindset.
- Managing the analysis and reporting of privacy incidents and key risk indicators occurring within the business units. Identifying and following up on privacy issues and action plans to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Monitoring and preparing reporting on business program issues and trends for the CDPO’s information and usage.
- Working with the DPO team to ensure the availability of up to date templates for privacy notices, contract provisions, and other similar required documents for use by staff and business units
- Facilitating the creation and maintenance of personal data inventories (including appropriate data mapping) and records of processing activities.
- Facilitating the conducting of data privacy impact assessments.
- With the DPO team, collaborating with other key stakeholders, supporting incident response management.
- Must have 5 years of data privacy experience and a Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must be IAPP certified
- Must have strong command of English (oral and written) skills, analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, with ability to navigate through a diverse cultural and dynamic environment.
- Deliver results: proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs
- Collaborate within team and across boundaries: collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives
- Lead and Innovate: develops innovative solutions
- Create, apply and share knowledge: applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients
- Make smart decisions: interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward