About the Organization:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
Position: Consultant – Competitiveness Study for Hyderabad Pharma Cluster
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
The Consultant shall undertake a range of responsibilities listed below.
- Assessing the trends affecting the pharma sector (socio-demographic, urbanization, supply chain, income, innovation, etc.) in India and globally
- Propose a framework for measuring the competitiveness of a pharma cluster
- Devise parameters/indicators that assesses demand conditions, cluster strategy, factor conditions – such as human capital, livability, quality of life parameters, physical infrastructure, leveraging existing assets – such as Research and Development institutions, innovation capabilities and other factors related to and supporting industries (forward and backward linkages)
- Measure and benchmark the performance of 6 global clusters (measured against specific criteria for financial feasibility and quality of Life considerations)
- Study the regulatory frameworks and policy environment (enabling conditions)
- Assess the future outlook and provide policy recommendations for HPC to help position it as a global leader
- Prepare technical reports for the study including data collection, conduct surveys, compilation, analysis and develop presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Post-graduation in economics/urban studies/urban and infrastructure planning/ public policy/ Management or related field; with experience in industrial parks/manufacturing clusters/SEZs/EPZs.
- Minimum Master’s degree and 15 years of full-time work experience in relevant field, with experience in competitiveness frameworks and studies in any industry. Experience specific to Pharma industry clusters will be preferred
- Familiarity with Indian industrial development paradigms, policies, general awareness of circular economy, regional planning.
- Experience and comfort with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis using macro level data sets
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and deliver quality work.