Consultant on Predictive Analytics
UNOPS, The Hague, Netherlands
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Design and execute a systematic review of the use of predictive models in anticipatory action, and produce a report synthesizing key findings and recommendations for future work in this area
- Design and deliver at least one session (in person or online) for the Centre team and broader community on an aspect of their area of technical expertise.
- Communicate publicly about the project focus and key outcomes (in the form of a blog and other related channels).
- Produce a final report outlining the key insights from the projects and, as relevant, providing recommendations for further work in the area of focus.
- Utilize available project management and office communication tools to effectively track and deliver expected outputs.
- Maintain active and clear communications with relevant members of the Centre and the Fellowship partner organization(s) throughout the course of the programme
The Consultant will complete the following deliverables:
- A briefing note outlining the Consultant’s’ understanding of the specific challenge related to the use of predictive models in anticipatory action and presenting a plan for how the consultant will explore this through their capstone project
- A final report synthesizing key findings and recommendations resulting from a systematic review on the use of predictive models in anticipatory action and, as relevant, providing recommendations for further work in the area of focus
- Detailed technical documentation the methodology and outcomes of the systematic review
- At least one blog post on the outcomes of the project.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, statistics or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of experience can be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree with two years of experience.
- Experience with data manipulation and transformation as well as code refactoring and API. development are essential.
- Comfort within an Agile environment is expected.
- Skills in data visualization is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required (both oral and written). Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.