WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
The Consultant, project coordination, will work closely with Director, Climate program, and Media Lead, Communications, in World Resources Institute India. The candidate will support the team to plan and initiate a high-level dialogue on Climate-smart Covid-19 Recovery in India through targeted media and thought-leader collaborations. This dialogue is aimed to feed into WRI India’s larger Green Recovery efforts.
The deliverables for this candidate are as below:
- Establishing Climate Outreach grants for two writers, one English and one regional language, (preferably with experience in print, online or broadcast media) to write and publish or broadcast at least one in-depth, data-based story each on Covid-19 recovery from the climate lens.
- For this, the candidate will invite pitches from five to six select writers. With WRI India’s support and consultation, she/he will shortlist two candidates for the grants.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the stories are written and published within the timeframe indicated.
- Inviting two well-researched, independent articles/ by Indian thought leaders on Climate-smart Covid-19 Recovery
- In consultation with WRI India team, the candidate will identify and invite two sector experts – senior researchers, business heads, opinion-makers – to write, co-write opinion pieces. These will be commissioned but independent and well-researched articles on the said topic.
- The candidate will be responsible for editing the articles, pitching them to relevant media publications and ensuring that they are published within the time frame indicated.
- The candidate will ensure due approvals from authors and WRI India before publishing any such articles.
- Commissioning a short video on climate-smart Covid-19 recovery.
- Identifying a video editor to create the video with WRI India’s approval.
- With consultation with the WRI India climate team, drafting the narrative and storyline for the video.
- Ensuring the video complies with WRI India’s brand, editorial requirement and obtaining the required approvals from the communications team. The video will be WRI India property and promoted through WRI India social media platforms as well as shared with partners.
- Producing 2 static and 2 motion infographics from the content generated.
- In consultation with WRI India, identifying a web designer to execute this job.
- Creating content and getting them approved by WRI India climate and communications team.
- Ensuring the info graphics comply with WRI India’s brand, editorial requirement. These infographics will be WRI India property and promoted through WRI India social media platforms as well as shared with partners.
- This role can be managed remotely with regular calls and coordination with the WRI India representatives.
- The candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in the media or as a media coordinator working in the environmental, social or developmental sectors.
- She/he should have a well-established connect with thought leaders, community leaders, scientists and research community and an hands-on ability to reach out to them and achieve buy-in.
- She/he should have a clear understanding of the media, a good connect with strong beat reports and a knowledge of what comprises a balanced news story
- She/he should possess strong editing skills
- Flexibility and ability to trouble-shoot in case of an emergency is a must
- Strong written and spoken English and Hindi will be an added asset.