Main purpose/objectives of this role
This role presents the successful applicant with an opportunity to use their broad experience and expertise to make a significant contribution to World Vision South Africa by building an individual donor funding stream that will substantially grow the organization –it is both a high profile role and life changing for WVSA and the child beneficiaries.
You will be responsible for the execution of a robust Individual giving program to increase WVSA’s sponsor base. They will support the institutionalization of innovative approaches, especially though direct marketing approaches, digital media, events, and face to face acquisition, to develop the next generation of small, medium and major donors for WVSA. The role will manage all aspects of the acquisition, cultivation and retention process,and will support the end-to-end minimum standards that will build significant numbers. S/he will provide support to the NRD Team Lead in developing and maintaining databases, communication campaigns and marketing events and or initiatives
- Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and solicits philanthropic opportunities from information gathered from a variety of internal and external sources that indicates philanthropic interest, accessibility and giving-capacity of the identified donor groups to develop and implement WVSA’s individual-giving donor strategy with long and short-term donation goals.
- Develops individual donor partnerships by leading the creation, planning and coordination of once-off, monthly pledge-giving, Estate/Legacy commitments to support WVSA operations through small, medium, major gift, HNWI and family foundation stewardship activities.
- Defines and sets standards of performance and accountability for Donor Engagement and Retention to ensure the integrity of WVSA’s donor promise at all times. Leads and supervises the local Donor Retention Officer who will be responsible for upholding all minimum standards.
- Grow WVSA’s portfolio of individual donors and prospects across multiple channels to sustain its operations by setting realistic fundraising targets to fixed deadlines, agreed in consultation with key internal partners. Increases sponsors contribution and direct participation in WV’s initiatives. Tracks performance and forecasting of individual-giving projections.
- Partners with Marketing and Communications on donor related messages, products and events by developing appropriate materials (brochures, promotional materials, appeals and online content) to support every aspect of the individual-giving partnership acquisition and retention plan. Managing all correspondence and reporting to prospects and donors, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
- Introduce and promote WV South Africa strategic leadership to relevant identified individuals to build personalized relationships with HNWI prospects and individual donors, resulting in solicitations of high value donations and gifts.
- Identifying, soliciting and cultivating WV stakeholders (Internal and External) into an ecosystem of partnerships for general operating support, networking, event sponsorship, volunteering, and/or publicity, in liaison with the NRD Lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- National Diploma in the Business, Marketing and or Communications disciplines
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a direct marketing role with a proven track record in acquisition and retention of small and large clients
- Knowledge of the non-profit landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector with exposure to the individual and corporate giving spaces is an advantage.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to analyse issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a close-knit team –locally and internationally.
- Understanding of effective fundraising pipeline development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Plan, manage and reconcile marketing and communications related project/campaigns
- Must have a strong working knowledge on how to post and engage on various social media platforms and other online sales/marketing channels
- Strong leadership with ability to positively influence others to support strategic initiatives.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of development.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non- technical staff at all levels, in a clear and concise style.
- Self-Manager, analytical and critical thinker, able to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of fundraising databases
- Passion for the mission and goal of World Vision South Africa
- High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, innovative thinking, flexibility, team-oriented, high degree of initiative, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the organisation.