Corporate Services Manager
World Vision, Pasig City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will provide leadership and oversight in managing the stewardship of the workplace facilities and resources and in providing corporate services in support to the goals and objectives of various groups being served and undertakes continuous improvement of processes, services and stewardship practices. Responsible in planning, managing and coordinating all the different aspects of the offices’ operations in the area of administration, real estate, security and safety, space and facilities management
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Corporate Services Team, mentoring and guidance including utility, safety and security personnel and technical contractors in the performance of their tasks and deliverables.
- Plans and oversees the operations of Corporate Services and Facilities program to maximize the utilization of facility assets.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining short and long range facility plans that meet GCMO’s needs.
- Spearhead initiatives and projects in architectural and engineering planning and design, including space and installation management. Ensures that facilities are fit for purpose, provide value for money and are in compliance with local laws.
- Provides best-in-class preventive maintenance programs for all technical assets within the Facility Management responsibility.
- Assist Location Leader for the internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
- Prepares and manages annual budget for corporate services department including items such as office maintenance/repairs and office supplies and materials, equipment including renovations and refurbishment.
- To provide Regional GRE/Corporate Services Director a regular corporate services report in terms of operations and other financial concern.
- Manage leasing of facility space. Review contracts and agreements to ensure that the organization obtains the best quality of facility.
- Ensure contracts provisions, insurance requirements, and government regulations and safety and security standards are strictly adhered to.
- Oversee the process of the renewal of all permits/certification and other requirement for the compliance of government such as Mayor’s permit, business permit, BIR, Optical Media Board, Sanitary, etc.
- Manage technical review of all real estate assets including space optimization, leasehold improvements, cost benefit analysis.
- Conduct regular evaluation and present proposal using cost benefit methodologies such as “repair or replace”.
- Develop, communicate and implement policies and procedures that enhance operations and promote stewardship in the following areas:
- Travel bookings.
- Janitorial/Messenger support services.
- Asset inventory and security.
- Facilities management including critical equipment preventive maintenance.
- Safety and Security.
- Oversee following functions: purchasing, janitorial, pest control, safety and security support services, asset inventory and office maintenance.
- Ensures the safety and security of the staff, assets and of the office premises by implementing effective safety and security policies and procedures, create core security requirement mandated by OCS in coordination with other entity
- (WVDF) and Regional Security Team to ensure that the security strategy appropriately supports the operational program.
- Develop the office premises to showcase World Vision’s global ministry.
- Review service provider contracts and agreements to ensure that the office obtains the best quality service and customer support from outside vendors and providers in full compliance to statutory requirements.
- Works with vendors to negotiate in the purchasing or leasing of equipment and maintenance service contracts for CS department.
- Oversee the CS budget and adheres to best stewardship practices to keep in line with the annual budget. Work towards identifying cost avoidance or expense reduction opportunities and implements effective and efficient strategies that can be standardized globally.
- Effectively communicates and trains staff to carry out new methods and procedures in line with the departments objectives.
- Develop performance indicators that will periodically evaluate the success of the department and measuring the progress in an effort to identify potential improvements that are in line with the GRE/CS strategic objectives.
- Create and maintain the GCMO CS SOP and Facilities handbook and guidelines.
- Carries out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one or a combination of these fields: Real Estate, office administration, facility management, engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience in one or a combination of the following functional areas: office and facility management, construction and maintenance services, corporate services administration, and related field.
- Prior work experience in a World Vision office strongly preferred, and familiarity with World Vision’s global ministries, systems, and processes.
- Licensed First Aider – BLS Support (Red Cross).
- Certification for Occupational Safety and Health Training3.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially with a diverse staff in a cross-cultural environment.
- Has excellent customer service mindset and skills.
- Adept in operating MS Office such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Corel and Lotus Notes.
- Technical knowledge in office critical equipment such as ACU, FDAS, security and access control system, electrical panel board, ATS, and others.
- User knowledge in CAD and other design systems.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Standards.
- Construction Project Management.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.