COOPI, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Closing Date for Applications:
The Country Administrator will have overall responsibility for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in Sierra Leone. The Country Administrator will be part of the senior management team and is expected to contribute to the future strategic development and professional dynamics of COOPI in Sierra Leone.
- Freetown with several trips to the field offices
- We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
Safe and bank account management
- He/she ensures the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by directly managing or by regularly controlling the project accountant, if available.
- He/she ensures the correct project accountancy and all accountancy documents filing;
- He/she does this by monitoring the accountants or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there was no accountant.
- In collaboration with the project manager he/she verifies the correct administrative management of the projects (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures (EuropeAid, WFP, Italian Government, Private Foundation etc.);
- He/she ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents.
Expenses planning and monitoring
- In collaboration with the Project Manager (and the logistician if present) he/she makes the project’s financial planning;
- He/she monitors expenses, in accordance with the budget. He/she provides the accountancy data to the Project Manager so as to allow him to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds.
Contract modifications and administrative documents
- He/she collaborates with the Project Manager in the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget), and in the preparation of all necessary project’s documents.
- In coordination with the Head of Mission and with the Project Manager he/she prepares the intermediate and final financial reports for the projects under his/her responsibility.
- Support the Head of Mission and Project Managers in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
- He/she plans the work, supervises, and collaborate to train the staff of the project’s accounting-administrative area upon request by the Head of Mission;
- Upon request her/she collaborates to staff evaluation activities. She/he will be the focal point of the complaint mechanism and the code of conduct
- He/she provide technical oversight to the procurement process and ensure proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within an international non-governmental organization (NGO), donor or multilateral agency;
- Substantial experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities;
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.;
- Experience with capacity building of national staff;
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken;
- Experience with donors such as EU, USAID, UN Agencies, Italian Government, etc.