Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government funded multi-country initiative which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in our partner countries.
- We connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth.
- MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
- Market Development Facility (MDF) has two (2) upcoming vacancies at the Country Director level in Fiji and Sri Lanka and is seeking applications from qualified and highly motivated candidates.
- Reporting to the MDF Team Leader, the Country Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management and technical oversight of operations, with responsibility for all aspects of country portfolio performance. The Country Director is the primary liaison between the country team and Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Post.
- Country Directors are also expected to be active members of the CLT, contributing to facility wide policies and implementation approaches. The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Day-to-day management and technical oversight of country operations, with responsibility for all aspects of country portfolio performance.
- Act as the primary liaison between the country team and Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Post.
- As an active member of the CLT, contribute to facility wide policies and implementation approaches.
- For complete Terms of Reference click here.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of international development or market systems development (MSD) projects
- Knowledge of the MSD approach, associated strategies and activities
- Significant experience in a senior program implementation role
- Post graduate qualifications in economics, business, agriculture or other relevant field
- Proven ability to identify, recruit, coach, mentor and lead a team of high performing national staff
- Proven ability to undertake economic, market, political economy and other analysis, and use simple strategies to help staff translate the findings into high quality interventions
- Significant experience in program administration, contracting, HR and financial management