Country Human Resource Advisor
Norwegian Refugee Council, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The role of the Country Human Resource Advisor is to lead on HR operational practices and implementation in recruitment, personnel, compensation and benefits including social security, payroll, and performance management according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The position holder will ensure proper procedures are in place and that compliance on implementation is ensured through monitoring, follow up, field visits, and capacity building of concerned staff both in County and Field Offices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line manage the operational HR team in the Country Office and technically and provide them with capacity building on key matters.
- Provide technical support to the HR Coordinators in the Area offices
- Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and standardization.
- Follow up on recruitment activities including advice on job descriptions and grading and taking part where required in the recruitment of senior management and international staff.
- Follow up on all matters related to national social security, insurance, and NRC Terms of Employment at national level.
- Ensure accurate payroll administration according to NRC rules and regulations in compliance with the applicable national laws.
- Ensure confidential, safe, and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits, and licenses necessary for NRC’s operations are in place, and remain updated on national rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of NRC, including visas and permits for expatriate staff.
- Assist in the periodic reviews of NRC’s salary and benefits package by reference to the local market to ensure that NRC’s remuneration remains competitive and within NRC’s standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that all staff have work and development plans, and carry out regular performance discussions with supervisors/managers are documented.
- Participate in HR investigations and discussions related to underperformance and breaches to the Code of Conduct as delegated by the Line Manager in compliance with the existing measures and routines.
- Follow up and carry out activities to ensure that the annual strategic plans and initiatives are completed, in direct coordination with the respective focal points inside and outside the HR team and the Line Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working in a senior HR role preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience of operating successfully in an HR advisory capacity, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Experience of generalist HR operational practice including: recruitment, pay and benefits, discipline and grievance, change management.
- Knowledge of policies, grievance, disciplinary, managing poor performance, change management, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create an environment in which others can talk confidentially and within a climate of established trust.
- Ability to provide guidance on conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading and managing the HR function.