Closing Date for Applications:
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 11 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
- You will be our representative in-country and a passionate leader within the Digital for Development movement. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will ensure that every large development organization knows about Viamo’s solutions and you will supervise the delivery of Viamo’s work on their project.
- Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are passionate and committed to creating impact through mobile
- Take the lead on identification of new business opportunities, track and respond to RFPs, and design high quality budgets.
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects; this includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets and responding to RFPs.
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables.
- Manage the existing 3-2-1 Service, expanding content available, developing commercial partnerships to diversify revenue.
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Indonesia
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Regional Director, Asia
- Manages Nepal Program Manager and 321 Product Manager
- Experience of 10+ years in any combination of social enterprise in international development, INGO, Mobile Network Operator, ICT4D/ Digital for Development, digital strategy consulting, donor or international organisation or international implementer
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history of collaborative project development and submitting winning applications
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners and strong workshop facilitation skills
- Measurable team management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity, and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Project management experience, including reporting and budgeting for international donors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English