The Country Representative is responsible for the integral management of projects in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon and represents ZOA at a national level in the country. The Country Representative
reports directly to the Director of the Middle East Region.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- The Country Representative is the legal representation for ZOA in, Syria, and Lebanon
- Member of the management team of the Middle East Region
- Overall management of the ZOA programmes in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon
- Project cycle management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities
- Monthly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities vs budget utilization
- Quarterly progress reporting (narrative and financial) at programme organisation level
- Approval of expenditures and related cost allocations, on the basis of approved project and programme organisation budgets
- Annual review of progress towards programme objectives
- Development and maintenance of strategic programme planning, in accordance with ZOA’s programmatic approach with corresponding annual programme budget as an input to the Country Annual Plan (CAP)
- Human resource management for the country programme team
- Supervision and periodical evaluation of the performance of the members of the country programme team
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures
- Pro-actively conduct acquisition of locally available donor funding, write proposals and contribute to ZOA MER’ response to regional calls for proposals
- Narrative and financial donor reporting
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at national level (government, local authorities, UN (clusters), INGOs; LNGOs, etc.)
- Responsible for the selection, coordination, capacity building and donor compliance of local implementing partners
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor or university degree in a humanitarian, development, or other relevant field
- At least five years relevant work experience in similar context of working in a volatile context
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting
- Good spoken and written command of English, Arabic is preferred
- The candidate preferably has a minimum age of 30 years
Skills and Attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good networking skills
- Conceptual and writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Effecting delegation
- Organisational sensitivity
- Participative leadership
- Flexible attitude, yet results oriented
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity
- Coaches, challenges, and provides opportunities for growth
- Able to work under pressures, to cope with stress and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment
- This job contains frequent travelling (1/3) in Jordan, Lebanon, and if security allows, Syria.
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated International NGO. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website.
Do you have any questions?
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel HR Officer, email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website. CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.