The Green Climate Fund (GCF) was established by Parties to the UNFCCC at its meeting in Cancún in December 2010 and formally launched in 2011 upon the adoption of the Governing Instrument of the GCF.
The GCF is set to become a main international financial institution for the delivery of climate finance in support of global efforts on mitigation and adaptation to combat climate change and promote a paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways for developing countries.
The GCF is governed and supervised by a Board that has full responsibility for funding decisions. It has a Secretariat responsible for the executive management and operations of the Fund. The GCF also has a Trustee in charge of the management of its financial assets and financial reporting thereof.
The Independent Integrity Unit (IIU) was established and mandated by the Board to prevent, detect, and investigate occurrences of Prohibited Practices in GCF-funded activities. The IIU is seeking to recruit a Data Analyst Consultant to provide general administrative support to the functions of the Unit.This is a remote based assignment for a duration of six months.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direct guidance of the Deputy Head of the Independent Integrity Unit and in close coordination with relevant IIU staff, the Data Analyst Consultant will be responsible for providing analytical and development support towards the delivery of data intensive applications which comprise the Integrity Due Diligence Platform (IDDP) of the IIU. The Data Analyst Consultant will be expected to both contribute to machine learning projects and support engagement with stakeholders.
- S/he also will also have an opportunity to provide ad-hoc analytical support in both business intelligence and reporting related matters across the Unit.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Taking ownership of label discovery pipelines for machine learning projects focused on fraud detection.
- Performs data preparation tasks such as cleaning, verifying, annotating, anonymizing and labelling data for use in training and evaluation of machine learning models.
- Performs exploratory data analysis of project-level data to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Conducts background research, stakeholder consultations and analytical work on application of best practices in fraud detection.
- Contributes towards development of metrics estimating project success rate and the quality of the Fund portfolio with regard to integrity risk.
- Automates regular reporting tasks including delivery of KPIs to stakeholders.
- Prepares data for Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports and Activity Reports.
- Prepares documentation, including tutorial presentations on IDDP workflows, aimed at non-technical staff.
- Provides diagnostic and analytical support for data integrity issues and proposes solutions to problems.
- Identifies new data sources and proposes integrations among existing assets.
- Responds to and fulfils data requests from across the Unit and between the Unit and partners within the Fund.
- Performs such other duties as may be required by the Deputy Head of the Unit; and
- Other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Programming, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Forensics, Finance, Accounting, Physics or related.
- At least 3 years experience in a data-intensive role.
- Required: strong knowledge of at least one SQL dialect with some knowledge of bash.
- Fluency in standard data manipulation and data visualization packages available in either R or Python.
- Some experience working with a data warehouse or a data lake is useful.
- Experience supporting compliance, fraud-detection and/or AML and KYC workflows within a financial company is an advantage.
- Experience of international development finance is useful but not required.
- Experience of agile software development methodologies and tools (e.g. JIRA, Git etc) is useful.
- Ability to deal with large volumes of work under time pressure with a high level of conscientiousness.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Ability to work well in teams and sensitivity to working with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.