Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 189-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
The Vice Presidency
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions.
The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group.
The Department and Unit
The External Client Solutions (ITSES) is a unit within the Operations & Corporate department (ITSOC) that provides state-of-art information and technology applications to support communications with external audiences, donors, member counties and other key stakeholders. The unit focuses on modernizing the Bank’s digital engagement with the public, external clients, partnerships, and other stakeholders; as well as on managing the Bank’s development data resources and geospatial solutions. This includes support for the external website, Open Data, and more. We work with our clients to design solutions that help enable client responsiveness, improve organizational effectiveness, and manage risks. We are committed to delivering business solutions that deliver value for money while we continue to excel at the basics. And we contribute to providing the Bank with an integrated digital platform that connects policies, processes, people, and knowledge across the institution in a holistic and staff-centric manner.
The ITSES is looking for a Data Product Owner with extensive expertise in managing and delivering large scale data products to support the World Bank's Open Data Initiative and Development Data lifecycle and workflow.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and analyze industry trends and benchmarking information as they apply to the data management and data analytics business models and domain area needs
- Create a clear and thorough product roadmap based on the industry best practices, combined with collaborative features and communicate with team members and update stakeholders instantly
- Create the list of backlog items and work with the Data Solution Architect and business stakeholders to prioritize them based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- As the primary communicator and link between stakeholders and development teams, make sure there’s buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers
- Partner with Architects and Engineering team to drive the right solutions
- Oversee the actual development of the product and meet with the development team to refine the process, identify areas for improvement, and support the sprint
- Understand and anticipate the client’s needs to more effectively manage the development process
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Ensure product aligns with the World Bank mission and goals
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability
- Dissect high-level information into details and communicate details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Influence requirements and process to effectively utilize systems and applications without customization
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks and unknowns
- Build and maintain strong partnership with the business sponsors and collaborative relationships with other product teams
- Follow complete lifecycle of project benefit, including reporting back on adoption, business value and customer satisfaction post go-live
- Consult Release Plans and communicate changes to stakeholders regularly
- Master's Degree (or higher) in computer science, data analytics, information systems, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in an enterprise environment, including at least 4 years of Business System/Data Analyst or comparable experience
- An advanced understanding of statistics and data science concepts and methodology
- Deep knowledge of the industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence people
- Must have a keen understanding of data workflows (ETL), data engineering practice and, most importantly, data analysis, including metadata assessment and anomaly detection
- Exposure to a variety of enterprise data sources and great knowledge of Azure Cloud and Data technology stack
- Eager to learn and enthusiastic about growing in the role
- Thorough knowledge of Azure Data technologies and should be well versed in configuration, customization and Integration
- Big Data system experience
- Ability to develop data models
- Knowledge of databases and ability to write basic queries
- Must be able to work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Deliver Results for Clients: Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries: Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across WBG and brings differing ideas into the forefront.
- Lead and Innovate: Develops innovative solutions with others. Encourages and works with others to discover, incubate and implement novel solutions.
- Make Smart Decisions: Recommends and takes decisive action.
IT Business Competencies:
- Client Understanding and Advising: Advises the client and helps them think proactively about how to best meet their current and future needs, taking into consideration the real underlying issues that the client may not be aware of.
- Learning Orientation: Stays abreast of new trends and developments in the industry and broader trends affecting WBG.
- Broad Business Thinking: Maintains a deep understanding of key business issues.
- Business Process Knowledge: Describes and documents critical cross-functional business process flows.
- Business Requirements Analysis: Reviews customer business requirements, recommending technological solutions that can be integrated and deployed in the environment.
- Project Management: Able to define staff and manage multiple projects as part of a program.
- Systems Thinking: Plans improvements that take into account the critical, underlying and less apparent relationships between business, technology and systems platforms.