UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Position
Under the general coordination of the Communications and Fundraising Specialist and direct supervision of the Fund Raising Officer, contributes to the development of local PSFR activities / donor activities according to the FR strategy for Romania, for a sustainable growth.
Key Expected Results
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- In charge with, hands-on data collection, maintaining house lists and donors database, generating reports and providing statistics and information to be used for segmentation and managerial decisions, as well as providing trends and forecasts.
- Responsible for maintaining donor stewardship and retention activities, work with printing houses, creative agencies, banks, local authorities for data protection, etc. to support the pledge programme and for Face-to-face follow up.
- Responsible for fulfilling the process of development and implementation of FR campaigns. Under the supervision of the Fundraising Officer and in close cooperation with the Operations Section, develops the monthly PBA, monitors local PSFR income and expenses, prepares the necessary PSFR documentation in SAP and other platforms.
- Contributes to the planning, logistics and administrative arrangements for local PSFR and Marketing activities as outlined in the annual work plan.
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising newsletter, collect data for it, contribute to finding new lists of donors, etc.
- Collects and provides data for the donors stewardship program. Administers the donor database, and prepares quality and timely documentation related to DM (annual donor reports, financial reports as required).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably with specialization in the area of information technology/ databases, data analysis
- University degree in economics, information technology, computer science or related fields would be an asset
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in the private sector, including responsibilities for updating and database analysis, ability to operate, optimize and personalize database software and Microsoft applications, hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Good organizational and communication skills, attention to details, initiative
- Ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.