Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360, Ghana
Closing Date for Applications:
The DCOP will provide technical and administrative oversight to all aspects of project implementation. He/she will interact frequently with USAID/Ghana, government counterparts, implementing partners and other key stakeholders. The DCOP will ensure program quality across all aspects of the project.
- Oversee the work of a team of project technical specialists based in offices across northern Ghana.
- Develop and manage program team priorities, work plans, and budgets, ensuring activities are delivered on-time, within budget and in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Develop and oversee short-term technical assistance (STTA) plans and communicate needs to home office. Monitor STTA and consultant work in the field.
- Support development of annual work plans and the submission of high quality monthly and quarterly progress reports to USAID.
- Support the COP in representing the project to USAID and key government stakeholders, ensuring timely response to their informational, data and monitoring inquiries and requests.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship across all aspects of the project.
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to program staff and support their professional development.
- In absence of the COP, the DCOP serves as acting COP of the project.
- Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree preferred in development, public health or related field.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience with increasing responsibility, at least four (4) years of which is in the areas multi-sectoral rural development.
- Technical familiarity and experience with multisector programming. In-depth experience in at least one of the major areas of project focus, including nutrition, food systems, WASH, health, governance, and civil society engagement.
- Experience working in complex environments and managing diverse teams to deliver impact.
- Strong written and oral communication skills