Deputy Director General
Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
The Deputy Director General (DDG) supports the Director General, ITD (DG) in leading the planning, implementation and supervision of ITD’s vision, strategy and work plan in support of overall ADB goals. He/She will assist the DG in running the Department. The incumbent will report to Director General, ITD and will supervise International, National, and Administrative Staff.
Leadership and Management
Contributing to the success of the Bank’s strategy, the incumbent supports the DG in the following high-level areas:
- Sets the standards for the implementation, maintenance, and day-to-day delivery of the Bank’s IT infrastructure, platforms, application systems, devices and services, including emerging technologies and IT resiliency.
- Assesses risks, and implements appropriate controls for key IT infrastructure, platforms, and application systems.
- Provides guidance and expertise on technology matters to enable the Bank’s digital solutions.
- Oversees the role of IT security operations; undertakes a leading role on other priority areas at the request of the DG.
- Ensures IT service excellence in enterprise architecture, delivery, integration and support of its products and services.
- Supports the DG in overseeing the preparation and review of IT business plans including reviews of IT costs, costs structures, budgets and forecasts. Ensures optimal use of IT resources and agile service delivery.
- Directs the development and implementation of IT policies, technology standards, metrics and best practices to improve IT governance, platforms, products, and services.
- Oversees a proactive program of cybersecurity controls, prevention, and response including audit activities across the Bank’s IT assets.
- Supports the DG in adopting a modern, flexible and agile approach in delivering IT platforms and services that are within internationally recognized standards and practices and the Bank’s policies and standards.
- Proactively introduces emerging technologies and new digital models to encourage innovation and digital processes in the Bank.
- Creates synergies across the Bank to enable innovative, integrated, sustainable, and resilient IT solutions.
- Supports the DG in delivering an integrated IT ecosystem that supports operational priorities, delivery of user and stakeholder expectations, and automation of business processes.
- Supports the DG in developing, publishing, and monitoring the implementation of ADB-wide standards, procedures and guidelines for IT operations, cyber security, change management, data management, and systems development and lifecycle management.
- Together with the DG, facilitates collaboration, information sharing, transparency and real-time reporting using a single version of truth to achieve optimal IT lifecycle value and encourage innovative use of technology.
- Creates and leads multidisciplinary teams and ensures the overall quality of its work.
- Manages the performance of teams and individuals by providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to teams and individuals and ensures their on-going learning and development.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience with 7 years of leadership responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of international experience in multi-national, global organizations leading large cross-functional teams and enterprise wide IT programs and operations, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments by taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Demonstrated technical and diplomatic skills to liaise and work effectively with Board and senior staff members, as well as external agencies including other multilaterals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- International experience required.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels 9 – 10.