Deputy Protection Manager
IRC, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Job Overview/Summary: The Deputy Protection Manager reports to Senior Protection Manager BML. He/She will be responsible for managing protection monitoring team and community engagement teams. With direct coordination with Beirut Emergency Response teams: emergency cash team, legal team and referrals teams.
- Provide direct supervision and support to Beirut emergency response team, including the; Protection Monitoring officer and Community Engagement Assistant.
- Work directly with protection monitoring officer, provide technical support and capacity building for Beirut and Mount Lebanon protection monitoring team.
- Support in recruitment of 2 monitors and 1 community engagement assistant for Beirut and Mount Lebanon protection monitoring team.
- Ensure quality of emergency programmatic interventions through regular review of data collected by protection monitors, referrals conducted and community Engagement activities. Ensure that all data collection approaches align with protection information management principles and IRC SOPs.
- Support of identification, recruitments of 6 community focal points, and support community engagement assistant on capacity building plans and management of the focal points.
- Monitor and enhance the quality of community activities to assure diverse community engagement activities provided by the Community engagement focal points.
- Conduct regular spot-checks to ensure safe, confidential, and quality protection monitoring, referrals are community engagement are provided by the field team.
- Assure development of teams’ weekly work plans, 90 days plans, performance reviews, approve and manage direct reports leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Support smooth programmatic implementation and enhanced protection responses through close coordination with the IRC Operations (HR, fleet and admin) departments in Beirut.
- Enhance cross-sectoral referrals through close coordination with PRoL Referral Officer and Feedback Accountability and Response Mechanism. Ensure integrated responses to protection needs through enhancing referrals to complementary IRC programming under Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) including legal and cash services, Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) programming;), Child Protection and Economic Recover and Development (ERD) units.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including; UNHCR, INGO, government authorities, and other key stakeholders to ensure active coordination and collaboration. Support during donor’s visits and success stories for visibility.
- Provide updates and support to Beirut Senior Protection Manager on regular basis. Undertakes other tasks as requested by the Senior Protection Manager.
- 3 years’ experience with an NGO and/or international organization managing program activities including protection programming.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of protection programming including community engagement activities
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail
- Familiarity with program design, including budgeting
- Familiarity with M&E system design and implementation
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team, as well as independently
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed and ability to handle pressure well.
- University degree in Social Sciences, and/or political science, NGOs managements
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in Arabic and English,