General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets, and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate and North West Aleppo, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Deputy Selection Manager (DSM) is responsible for the management in the depth of GOAL’s selection processes in North West Aleppo Governorate and supporting Selection Manager in many roles and establish communication with LC’s in community or in Camps. Deputy Selection Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all Selection Teams and officers effectively and efficiently achieve their objectives in accordance with GOAL’s guidelines and principles.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Stand behind Selection Manager to make sure all activities and procedures are running within timelines with high data quality.
- Playing as a focal point for the selection team to determine all the issues be fixed to improve data quality.
- Arrange and support with Logistics to have all the needed equipment for the team on a monthly basis.
- Checking the activities of the field teams beside that making sure of security and safety for Beneficiary Selection teams during the movement between the villages and camps.
- Review of verification data and quality assurance, and support draft of daily and weekly progress reporting.
- Conduct regular training and meetings with the team regarding the technical forms in case any update or when needed.
- Represent the Selection department at a meeting with community leaders whether in urban or in Camps (ITS).
- Ensure that appropriate roles are adhered to during the selection process I,e monitor, follow up every single detail with a field team.
- Following up with a capacity building for a team about communication skills and respect for the privacy of the beneficiaries.
- Follow up with the Audit and verification team and any update about the gaps in the department in N.Aleppo to be addressed and solved.
- In charge of organizing and synchronizing the activities of various Selection team within GOAL whether in camp (ITS) or in out of camps and do direct contact with Camp managers.
- Ensure appropriate HR planning, training and resource allocation as required for the successful implementation of program objectives.
- Any request coming from the line manager.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Previous work experience at least 3 years, with previous experience working with NGOs / Auxiliary Agencies desirable
- Very good IT skills, including strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of the aid system and understanding of donors.
- mastering English language.
- Previous experience in beneficiary verification, selection or registration in the context of an emergency.
- Knowledge and proficiency with PowerBi.