Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
World Vision , Karen, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of Position
To ensure Design, Monitoring and Evaluation of WASH and Health projects are well executed as per LEAP standards and donor requirements.
Programmatic and strategic support for WASH & Health projects 25%
- Provide support and participate in project design or re-design (assessments baseline surveys) and in the production of well-designed WASH & Health projects that are aligned with donor guidelines, standards, WV standards and WASH & Health programming strategies, Universal coverage standards (SDG) and GoK guidelines while corresponding to community needs and contexts.
- Provide coordination and support in the maintenance of a comprehensive and updated data base for all WASH & health Projects and SDG universal coverage leaving no one behind on Arch GIS.
- Support development of work plans and budgets for WASH & Health projects.
- Coordinate and ensure all grant WASH & Health interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets.
- Ensure regular implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets.
- Provide minimal programmatic support to four WVK region teams based on their need
- Support HEA team during response to manage WASH & Health indicators.
DME implementation 25%
- Coordinate WASH& Health projects assessments, Planning, management of assessment processes, analyze and interpret assessment findings (Macro level), and utilize the assessment findings coordination.
- Provide support in planning for WASH & Health projects baselines and evaluations, recruiting and managing consultants, developing or adapting measurement tools, managing data collection (Where evaluation is done internally), analyzing and interpreting data and utilizing findings in accordance with LEAP and accountability standards and alignment to the SDG universal coverage standards and indicators.
- Review and coordinate, monitoring data from WASH (Business plans /ITT) quarterly, regularly in order to ensure its appropriateness and utilization in measuring progress towards the achievement of project objectives.
- Coordinate the development of tools and Set up the WASH & Health monitoring system, SDG universal coverage tools, facilitating use of the monitoring system, analyze and synthesis information, communicate and use monitoring data, facilitate learning and better practice in monitoring WASH & Health projects.
- Support the successful roll out and implementation of WASH and Health DME related initiatives such as LEAP/PMIS/IPM/SPHERE/HORIZON at the ADP and Regional operational levels;
- Conduct and coordinate field monitoring visits to ensure progress tracking for SDG universal coverage Villages and Ward Approaches
Reporting and documentation 25%
- Coordinate tracking for key WASH & Health indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Consolidate and analyze field data to contribute towards the WASH & Health quarterly. Semi and annual reports.
- Ensure continuous learning and documentation of lessons learnt and best practices for program design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks related to WASH & Health projects.
- Coordinate research and document the SDG Villages and SDG WARD approaches project for further rollout.
- Coordinate the baseline and End-line Evaluation for SDG Villages and SDG WARD approaches project for further rollout.
- Work with the National, regional and project staff to ensure timely and quality reports are developed and disseminated to donors, Support Offices and partnerships
- Review of reports and ensure alignment with LEAP and donor standards and are timely submitted
- Provide technical support to ensure that the report findings inform the basis of subsequent programme design and Coordinate project reflection and learning to ensure achievement of project objectives.
Capacity building of Staff and Learning 10%
- Lead in building capacity of program staff on monitoring & evaluation processes for all WASH & Health projects
- Lead in building capacity of program staff on monitoring & evaluation processes for SDG universal coverage standards and requirements
- Coordinate with P&C to identify and recruit M&E staff.
- Coordinate learning events for WASH & Health projects and ensure adoption of learning identified.
- Ensure documentation and project learning are disseminated to relevant stakeholders
- Capacity building of staff on specific grants programming guidelines as per donor specifications.
- Support induction of new project officers in collaboration with Quality Assurance
Engagement, Networking and fundraising 15%
- Ensure linkage with donor, Support Office(s) and Government of Kenya
- Support fundraising initiatives in collaboration with Program Development and Grants Acquisition
- Review proposals to ensure DME is well mainstreamed and LEAP alignment
- Ensure WVK visibility and participation in relevant networks at the County and National levels.
- Maintain coordination with relevant stakeholders to plan for assessments and meetings
- Ensure high quality representation with donors, NGOs, Government and other stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At minimum the position holder should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Geographical Information Systems, Economics/statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent degree coupled with knowledge and experience in Statistical packages and data collection software’s
- Some certification in M&E and in conducting assessments/ rapid assessments or equivalent
- 5 years, experience in M&E positions including participatory research and impact measurement in WASH & Health programing;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects;
- Specialist skills in WASH and Health programing, statistical Analysis and Data base programing is an added advantage.
- They must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principals:
- Must have some experience in organizational learning and documentation and have good writing and editing skills.
- Evidence of research and presentation in conferences
- Experience in working on donor funded programs
- Experience on SPSS or other related statistical software packages.
- Experience on GIS software application and use
- Proven technical ability around M&E (i.e. experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, ability to conduct data analysis and interpretation.