The Department of Strategic Communications plans, develops, and implements strategies and activities to position IDLO as a key player on rule of law and access to justice, build partnerships and promote, protect and enhance IDLO’s brand.
It ensures best practices in designing and producing high quality communications and multimedia tools to increase awareness about IDLO’s work and raise the profile of the Organization. It collaborates closely with teams responsible for Government Relations and Strategic Partnerships to ensure IDLO’s achievements are properly communicated, using and creating and cutting-edge tools and approaches. It collaborates with other entities in IDLO, including the UN Liaison Offices, the Department of Research and Learning, Government Relations Unit, and the Office of the Director-General, to promote IDLO’s policy advocacy priorities with the UN, governments and other stakeholders. It supports IDLO’s program and program development teams and field offices to ensure that communications and outreach activities are integrated in IDLO’s activities around the world.
Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Communications, the Digital Content Officer will perform the daily management of IDLO’s social media channels, review and maintain IDLO’s social media channels, grow IDLO’s social platforms through engagement strategies, provide strategic and professional development support on online engagement across the organization, plan and prepare associated content to promote IDLO’s participation in events, maintain IDLO’s web presence, drive content management and uploading, analyze the performance of IDLO’s online presence, support in liaising with overseeing external service providers and perform information management through sourcing and curating owned and external multimedia produced from all IDLO global activities.**
The Digital Content Officer supports the Digital Content Lead and Director of Strategic Communications in solidifying, developing and expanding IDLO’s digital platforms and their outreach. Under the direct supervision of IDLO's Director of Strategic Communications, the Digital Content Officer will perform the following tasks:
Management of IDLO’s Social Media Platforms
- Manage IDLO’s social media presence and consistently review and maintain IDLO’s Social Media channels, i.e. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, ensuring alignment with IDLO’s priorities and voice/tone; support the IDLO Director-General’s social media activity, and, together with the Digital Content Lead,
- Enhance IDLO’s social platforms through dynamic engagement strategies, including monitoring all online activity/comments/mentions;
- Provide strategic and professional development support on online engagement across the organization, including on integrating online communication components into their programs of work and other activities and develop relevant policies and tools to implement organization standards;
- Engage with social media channels contracted to promote IDLO’s Social Media presence; create relationships with relevant social media influencers who promote interests and agendas close to IDLO’s work;
- Support social media engagement plans and prepare associated content and collateral (multimedia, interviews and graphic design content, posts and tweets and event website pages) to promote IDLO’s participation in events; utilize mainstream media mentions of IDLO in social media postings.
- Create foundation for a launch of IDLO’s Instagram account. Website Development and Maintenance
Together with the Digital Content Lead,
- Maintain IDLO’s web presence on www.idlo.int;
- Oversee digital content and messaging across the organization and all its online channels;
- Drive content management and uploading, and populate the website with all relevant materials to support the organization globally;
- Oversee website development and manage external providers contracted to undertake work on website upgrades, development, maintenance, Search Engine Optimization, content strategy and implementation of new environments.
Branding, Design and Multimedia Content
- Support the organization’s brand strategy through developing, advocating and sustaining global standards and practices;
- Support the Digital Content Lead in overseeing external creative resources, such as graphic designers, videographers, photographers and other creative services, and assist with publishing and visual tasks: including photo sourcing, multimedia editing and development of infographics.
Strategy and Analytics
- Analyze the performance of IDLO’s online presence and leverage insights and analytics to drive decisions about IDLO’s strategic communications;
- Based on analytics, contribute to the development of approaches to continually improve engagement with stakeholders inside and outside of the organization;
- Support the Digital Content Lead in liaising with and overseeing external service providers contracted to track analytics and other online services for stakeholder engagement (e.g. online surveys), as well as subscribed media monitoring platform;
- Monitor and maintain monthly digital analytics data and support the development of reports and solutions to ensure output effectiveness and review;
- Perform information management through sourcing and curating owned and external multimedia content produced from all IDLO global activities (including branch and regional offices) - upload and manage Dropbox and OneDrive archives/photo banks as appropriate. Images must be gathered, archived, named and assigned to versions per existing guidelines and the final products must indicate licensing needs;
- Provide administrative support on intranet and with external consultants as required.
Education and Work Experience
- A degree in journalism, communications, development studies, political science or a related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated technical competence in social media strategy development, social media campaign implementation and social media management. Strong working knowledge and a participant in the various social channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in website content management, search engine optimization and analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) at an international public service organization and /or international non-governmental organization.
- Knowledge and experience in policy analysis is desired.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of either French or Spanish would be an advantage.